Chapter 8

She went home then in a hurry. She had way too many Chat Noir pictures up on her walls and she needed to hide them before she went on patrol. She had no doubt that Chat wouldn't skip patrol even if he decided to meet her. He was a serious hero even if he made a few jokes now and then. Pollen floated out of her purse and had a few honey drops. After eating, Pollen helped Marinette take down posters and magazine clippings. The pair worked well together which made Marinette think of Scarlets kwami. What must life be like for poor creature? Pollen gently brushed against Marinette's hand. Pollen gave her Chosen a knowing look before she spoke. "I know you are thinking of the Ladybug Kwami and I promise you that Tikki is very strong. She will be just fine. We will rescue her from Scarlet someday soon." She smiled and Marinette took a deep breath. "You're right. For now let's head out to patrol. Kitsune and Chat should be out soon." Marinette transformed and snuck off into the open streets of Paris. She made her way towards the highest points in the city and decided against appearing at the Eiffel. At this point she had been out long enough that the arrival of someone clad in orange did not surprise her. "Hello Marigold!" Kitsune touched down beside Marigold on a lofty rooftop. "Hello Kitsune. Any sight of Scarlet or Chat?" Marigold was happy tonight and it showed in her voice. "I saw Chat Noir patrolling downtown. He said he wanted to get his part done quickly as he had someone important to meet." Kitsune replied. "Thank you Kitsune! I also have to cut patrol quick tonight but I promise I'll make it up to you tomorrow alright?" Kitsune gave Marigold a pleasant smile and Marigold took that as confirmation. Marigold finished patrolling the east sector of the city and went home. When she arrived home she was only a few minutes ahead of Chat Noir. In fact, just as she detransformed and gave Pollen a few honey drops for the night, Chat had landed softly on her balcony. "Chat Noir! I didn't think you'd come." Marinette blushed and smiled at him. "For you my lady? Anything." His reply was almost automatic and she turned beet red. "Oh um wow." She said lamely. He smiled with amusement dancing in his eyes. He had seen what Marinette acted like when she talked about Chat Noir and had recently started acting like around Adrien. She flustered easily and stuttered often. He found it absolutely endearing. "So i heard from Adrien about your current situation." He decided to throw it out in the open first. No point beating around the bush when it would only make her more nervous. "Um yes. That is.. Wow yes. It's a situation alright." He laughed lightly and her gazed filled with awe and wonder. Her blush faded as she forgot exactly why she was feeling embarrassed or shy. It wasn't the first time she heard him laugh but it was the first time he had laughed like that. Like everything was light and perfect and he wouldn't want to be anywhere else. He caught the change in her gaze and smiled with a blush of his own. "I like you Marinette. I really do. If you wanted to go on a date with Adrien that's fine. If you want to go on a date with me that's fine. I'll give myself to you however you'll take me and I believe Adrien said something similar. So it's your choice. Always will be." She blushed and reached out for him. He gladly embraced her and they both stood there on her balcony smiling at each other like lovesick fools. She brushed a hand through his hair and ran a fingertip over his left cat ear. He shivered against her and she pulled back afraid that she might have hurt him. "It's just sensitive Mari. It feels nice." He was blushing as he spoke but her fingertips returned to lightly scratch at the base of that ear. A low rumbling vibrated against her chest and she realized he was purring. It was a loud insistent hum and she found herself gently humming against it. His eyes, which had closed during her scratching, cracked open at the sound of her mimicked purr. A loving smile replaced the pleasured one and he lowered a hand to rub circles on her hip. Chat leaned down to brush his lips against hers. It was both a question and a statement. Marinette leaned forward and captured his lips with hers. They shared this quiet moment in the City of Love. It wasn't a raging kiss of battling tongues, it was a soft searching, both asking if the other was the one. They fumbled at some points, when Chat's pointed cat teeth had nipped a tiny bit too hard at her lip, or when Marinette had accidently banged her teeth against his. They laughed them off though and learned with each other.