We have to consider each jump we make because there is a human soul involved that needs saving. It will always be an intimidating job because we are responsible for the destiny of someone else's soul. One wrong move and an innocent soul taken.

"Well let's go." I watch as Orion jumps off the bridge, doing a backflip in the air as he went down and disappeared through the orange smoke.

I close my eyes and I jump off the bridge allowing myself to fall. The fall doesn't last long and always leaves that tingling sensation under my feet. When I open my eyes I'm surrounded by forestry. When I look further into the area I notice we standing in a bed of water. Dreams are not always logical. Some things in a dream don't make sense. It looks like reality but warped and unpredictable. Dreamers have no control over their subconscious, but that's not important. Our only focus is to find the night terror and kill it.

"What in the realm." Ri looks around in awe.

Suddenly we hear panting, and the sound footsteps hitting the puddles of water on the ground hard. A boy shoves past me as he runs looking over his shoulder.

"Hey wait!" I yell after him, but he ignores me and continues running. His feet hitting the water puddles on the ground loudly and causing the sound to echo throughout the forest.

When I turn in the direction he came from my eyes widen when I see the creature he is running away from. Red hair, red nose, a colorful onesie, and big teeth that I can see clearly as he smiles menacingly.

It's a clown.

"It's a demon clown!" Orion states and I can picture a look of probable terror on his face. "I don't like clowns."

I shake my head in disbelief. "After everything that we've seen. You afraid of clowns?"

"They creepy okay anyway let's just kill it and be done with." When we kill a night terror it turns back into its true form as it burns. Though they turn into some terrifying things, their true forms are nothing compared. Their bodies are like that of red flesh. It's as if they have no skin. Their eyes are black orbs of nothingness. That if you stare into them for too long they are bound to turn into a reflection of your worst fears, and to top of their gruesome look, they have two horns that curl outwards.

There are three rules in this realm.
First rule: Always kill the night terror or else they will come back until they get the soul of their victim.

Second rule: Do not show other jumpers your true form. (Hence the enchantment of cloaks)

Third rule: Try not to die because if a night terror consumes a Jumper's soul it becomes an even bigger problem than it already is because night terrors absorb souls, so they will absorb a jumpers magic as well.

I watch as the boy continues running but the clown appears in front of him cutting him off." Get, get away from me," the boy shrieks. The fear is evident in his voice and he runs back towards Orion and me. He hides behind us as he cowers in fear.

"Leave him alone," I call in a tone of authority after the demon and its head snaps in my direction so fast that I hear the bones in its neck sickeningly crack.

Orion blocks out the teenage boy's mind for a moment so he won't remember seeing us in his dream when he wakes up. The clown rushes towards me, showing me it's not so pearly white teeth in the process. I move my hands up and down and the imprint of the moon on my palm begins to glow. I push my palm out toward the creature saying the incantation to kill it.