20141001: Running Man High School

A/N: DreamBook is My Own Personal Dreams recorded in as much details as I could remember. Some stories may have no beginning, no ending, no plot, and no sense... Whose dream does anyway, right? 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

                       Kwang Soo and I against the World!

Running Man High School, where extreme sports, competitive eating, and name tag elimination is the norm.

Brrrriiooooong! Brrrriiooooong!

With sleepy eyes, I checked my phone for the time and it says, 4:00 in the morning. I pulled my pillow from under my head and buried my face with it.

Aargh! It's way too early! I groaned covering myself with my blanket.

Brrrriiooooong! Brrrriiooooong! And that's one strange sounding school bell, so annoying.

After a full five minutes of that weird siren it finally stopped. Now I hear shuffling noises outside my door.

Knock! Knock! Knock! 

I didn't answer, I know who it is and I'm still sore from yesterday's scrimmage. I’m tempted to skip today’s call.

"일어나!" (Il-eona!; Wake-up!) A voice called out from outside my door.

"안돼!" (Andwae!; No!) I called back and did not make any movement.

Next thing I knew my blanket was pulled away from me, I didn’t even hear my door open.

"Kwang-Soo-Oppa!" I exclaimed loudly automatically curling in a ball as the cold autumn temperature chilled my skin. "You have no shame. I'm only wearing a pajama!"

"Don't worry, I have my eyes close!"

And in all honesty when I peeked at him, his eyes are shut tightly. I giggled involuntarily in how childlike he is. He may look awkward with his gangly long limbs and unbelievable height, but his very honest, considerate, caring, and funny. I didn't mind sharing a dorm flat with him at all despite what everyone else says.

"알았어! (Alasseo!; I know!) I'm getting up... so get out of my room now. I need to change." I got up and pushed him toward the door.

"Don't take too long. I'll wait for you."

"그래, 그래!” (Geulae, geulae!; Yeah! Yeah!)

I peeked through my window to see one or two students already running toward the quad; I guess no shower for me then. I stumped my way to our bathroom, washed my face and stumped back to my room.

Good thing I did my laundry last night, at least my clothes smells fresh, unlike me.

Well, that’s the thing about this school; shower is optional since they will call for you in ungodly hour and if your first to arrive at the quad it would be better for you and your group. I’m lucky to have our dorm just right next to the quad, not even a 3 minute walk. Cut the time in a half if you ran for it.

Kwang-Soo-Oppa! Stick my name tag for me please!” I handed him my name tag and present him my back. He slapped it in with enough force that would almost make me topple over. After he secured my name tag on my back, I did the same for him. This is our I.D. in this school. Weird right? Points will be deducted if your name tag is ripped off your back when doing a mission or a scrimmage.

I grabbed my phone and we both went down and ran toward the quad. Once there, Prof. Yoo Jae Suk, are calling out attendance. While at it, he’s also making remarks about each one of us. After attendance was done, he reminded us that we are almost half way through our school year and midterm is upon us. That is why we have to amp our game to score higher.

As if it’s the most normal thing to do, Kwang Soo being three heads taller than me draped his arms over my shoulder and hugged me from behind, resting his chin on top of my head as we both listen to our professor’s speech.

I felt a blush creeping up my cheek with his gesture. He may not give any meaning to all his sweetness, but it sure makes my heart skip a bit. Him being attentive and nice to me, I couldn’t help it if I see him in a different light. We stay partnered longer than usual. I see him as someone I could rely on, someone I could trust my back on.

진심으로?” (Jinsim-eulo?; Seriously?) A voice called out and Kwang Soo quickly dropped his arms away from me and stood up straight. I looked over my shoulder and saw Kim Jong Kook walking toward us with a glint on his eyes. “So early in the morning and you two are already acting like a couple. Are you by any chance together?

What do you need, Jong-Kook-Oppa?” I asked not even wasting my time listening to his stupid question.

Be my partner today!” He demanded. “You keep losing with this Giraffe as a partner. I’ll make sure we win.

No, thank you.” I replied curtly and turned my back on him.

Walking toward the gym, Kwang Soo was keeping quite. I know his being affected with all of this since he is not his usual chatterbox. I don’t like it at all when other’s poke fun of us. Unlike other people who switches partner every week, he has been my partner for a month now. Although he usually messes up in the most bizarre way at the most unusual time, it’s very entertaining. On the other hand, we are a dynamic duo when it comes to scheming traps against other teams. Although we have only won once, I still find it enjoyable.

Walking side by side, I slowly reached for his hand and lightly intertwined my fingers with his. His whole arm became rigid; I could tell he was surprised. His eyes widen with his mouth almost gaping open. I just gave him a smile and continued walking hand in hand.

Look, Kwang Soo and Dee’s holding hands… too sweet! It’s sickening!” Jeered the other students behind us.

Ah, this is so frustrating. What do they have against Kwang Soo? I quickly stopped walking, making Kwang Soo halt as well. I looked behind us and gave them an evil look.

Without thinking twice, I pulled down hard on Kwang Soo’s hand his whole body following suit, his face only a head higher with him bending forward. I only need to tiptoe to close the gap between our face. I closed my eyes and gave him a good kiss in front of everybody.

Screw their opinion. I love my partner and I’m not ashamed of it.