Chapter 15

POV: Jade

I was stood by my locker, meant to be picking out the books I needed for the day ahead but instead I was completely spaced out. I couldn't stop thinking over yesterday and my... date with Ve- Tori. I don't really know what came over me, I knew I wasn't acting like I usually do, the cold, distant Jade that everyone puts up with. No, instead I completely let my guard down and let the girl in, something I'd even found difficult to do with Beck. Hell, I'd even held her hand walking into the place and kissed her goodbye!

Maybe I'm going insane. That would be a suitable explanation. Tori Vega is driving absolutely insane and... God dammit, I liked it! I liked spending time with her, getting to know her, letting her get to know me. I liked her little giggle whenever I said something that wasn't even that funny and I really liked it when we came up with a fool proof plan to murder her annoyance of her sister in her sleep and where we'd bury the body... too bad she made me swear not to go through with it.

God, Jade, what's wrong with you! You're going soft because of the girl you're meant to hate! I may have to check myself into the mental ward at the hospital if this continues-

"Jade?"

I was brought out of my trance by a high pitched, timid voice and span around to come face to face with a head of red hair closely followed by my ex-boyfriend. I groaned. Beck and I hadn't been alone together since the break-up, there was always one or more of our little group hanging around at all times, as if they were afraid the world would implode if it was just the two of us for five seconds. I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing, though. I wanted things to be as normal as possible, which, come to think of it, isn't very normal at all, but everyone was going to have to get used to the fact that we weren't together anymore, Beck and I included. Of course, his following of little fan girls were very used to the idea; I could see them over his shoulder, gazing at him like they'd just seen God. I may not be dating the guy anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't find them to be irritating little fucks.

"Jade?" Cat repeated.

I shook my head; I'd zoned out again. This is what happens when I don't get my coffee first thing in the morning.

"What?" I grunted, grabbing a book at random then slamming my locker shut, beginning to walk away from the two, who decided to follow me anyway. I rounded on them.

"We just came say hi." Cat said, her smile dropping, while Beck saluted at me in greeting.

That girl just- urg! "I haven't had coffee." I excused. Sorry wasn't a word in my vocabulary, or, at least, it wasn't used very often, but Cat and her pout always won me over somehow and got me as close to apologising as I could muster.

"Oh!" Cat brighten up again. "We should go get some!"

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Cat?" Beck asked as we followed the shorter girl towards the Grub Truck. "Remember what happened last time you drank coffee?"

Cat stopped in front of the truck, cocking her head to one side and frowned in concentration. Soon, a smirk played across her lips and her eyes glinted mischievously at the memory.

"That was fun!" The red head said gleefully, clapping her hands together. "But, I don't think Sikowitz liked it. He said cats aren't allowed to drink coffee and that I should stick to milk, or something that doesn't make me even more of a hyper bundle of crazy."

I smirked as I grabbed my coffee cup from Festus, remembering how Cat had been racing around the classroom, unable to sit still for no longer than a minute and how it took Sikowitz and the class more than half the lesson to calm her down enough to get some work done. I'd love to convince her to get a coffee just for the to happen again, but just as I opened my mouth to do so, my attention was caught by a pair of familiar sisters walking from the car park towards to doors of Hollywood Arts. My eyebrow arched as I watched them, chatting happily to each other; evidently Tori had forgiven Trina for what she'd done yesterday and I didn't understand why. She'd followed us, spied on us and shouted about us in the middle of a restaurant in front of so many people; I certainly wouldn't have forgiven her so soon.