19. Teasing and Reality

Start from the beginning

The blond gaped, spluttering at the loose accusation. "Baaya! I wouldn't hurt him"

"I was unaware and at your mercy for six hours..." Kaito trailed off, eyes gleaming.

'He wouldn't...'

Baaya let out a gasp, hand coming up to her mouth. "Saguru! I think that we need to have a talk after dinner" She turned her attention back towards the brunette. "You're not hurt are you? He wasn't too hard on you?"

"K-Kuroba! Stop misleading Baaya!" Kaito blinked innocently at Saguru's distressed tone.

"What are you talking about? I was very vulnerable while in a daze" He leaned towards him squinting "What were you insinuating?" A grin.

"I will not comment, my words will be twisted" Saguru sighed, noticing the mischievous gleam in both of their eyes.

'I forgot how Baaya sometimes gets like this...'

"Awww, the fun is over" The brunette whined, finishing off his plate and magicking it into the sink completely rinsed.

"I've noticed that your wings seem completely fine now, do you have advanced healing to go with them?" Baaya inquired, Kaito gave a small shrug.

"My wings heal quickly, but I'm not sure about the rest of me" Kaito glanced at his bandages hands, they still stung. "My hands still hurt so I'd like to say it's only my wings, but I can't be certain that they're not healing quicker but not as quickly as my wings"

"How much mobility do your wings have?" At Saguru's question, Kaito hopped out of his chair and away from the table flailing his wings out before giving them a few flaps.

"A lot" Kaito gave a small grimace as he folded them neatly behind his back. "It feels really weird using them"

'It's understandable considering he has two new limbs'

"Do you think you could fly?" Baaya excitedly asked.

"Maybe? I mean my bones wouldn't change density for no reason right? It was probably to make me light enough for my wings" Kaito replied softly. The blond noted the faint twitch in the other's wings and how his head lowered slightly.

'He doesn't want to talk about flying? I thought that he would at least try once before he got rid of his wings'

"Are you not interested in trying?" Saguru inquired, curious in Kaito's sudden mood shift.

"Not really, If I'm seen I could be put in a lot of danger, it's best to hide out until everything is fixed" The brunette sat back down in his chair.

'I hope we can fix this, but what if we can't?'

"But what if it can't be fixed?" Baaya questioned softly.

'Baaya?!'

"It will be" Kaito confirmed.

"Kaito Dear, not everything can be fixed, sometimes there's no answer" Baaya replied softly, Saguru gawked.

"I will find one" Kaito stood up from his chair and gave a small wave. "I'm tired, I'm going to sleep, night" With that, the teen disappeared.

"Baaya! How could you?" The blond questioned, appalled by the uncharacteristically harshness of her words.

'I can't believe Baaya would say that'

"He's a really sweet boy Saguru, if he puts all of his heart into a solution that may not exist he'll eventually break" She paused to let her words sink in before continuing. "If not all of his heart is looking for a solution there will still be some of him left to salvage when he breaks. We are talking about the possible loss of both of his identities, it could destroy him" She finished sadly.

Saguru let out a tired sigh, he knew she was right. If they couldn't find a solution, Kuroba Kaito would be dead as a person in society, he'd have to live in seclusion.

'Kuroba wouldn't do well locked up, even if it was to protect him'

He knew that Kaito would most likely die if he was kept caged up, the magician was a free spirit and the stress of containment would kill him. He clenched his fists.

'I refuse to let that happen'

Me: that's the end of the chapter~ hope you enjoyed~ poor Kaito is doomed to die if they can't find a solution~ hmmm to die or to not die? I guess you'll find out later~
I'm at a dilemma (≧∀≦) I both want to kill him and not want to... I must make him suffer~

I love Kaito~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!