No change/Big change

Tony
Tuesday February 12, 2019.
The snow is falling around me as I staggered into an alleyway in my way back to the hotel. I had to pee though so I whipped it out and took a piss on the fresh snow that was piling up on the ground. I cursed as some got on my shoe.
A homeless man started to yell at me. When I was done I told him to fuck off. But he kept yelling. I slammed him against the wall and punched him in the face.
"Fuck you!" I screamed then took off running. I almost slipped. That would've been just great. I went to the room that I had been renting for a while. Since that bitch filed abuse charges and divorce papers I couldn't go home. That was over 5 years ago. She took a lot of money from our account. Which I'm also pissed at. Luckily I still have what my bastard father left me. If I could sell the house I would. But the cops would have my ass in jail. My baby girls birthday is tomorrow. I bet she's as pretty as her mother. I sure miss Cara. I heard she left Boston. I have to find her. I want her back. I know I can change. I've done it before. She fucking left me. She made me go back to drinking. It's all her fault.
I stripped naked and laid in bed. My thoughts drifted towards her and I began to stroke myself. I cried out her name as I masturbated. Not long after blowing a load I passed out.

~~~

Cara
Wednesday February 13, 2019
I woke up extra early. I wanted to make Amelia her favorite breakfast, banana chocolate chip pancakes  before heading off to school.
I guess the smell woke her, because at 7:30am she came walking out of her room and into the kitchen. "Happy birthday honey." I said cheerfully. "I made your favorite."
"Thanks mom." Amelia took a seat at the counter and pulled two pancakes onto a plate.
She grown so much the last 5 years. It's amazing. She is my twin, just with a darker complexion.
I've sent my parents pictures over the last 5 years so they can see how she's grown. Hilary has been out a few times to visit. Amelia is fond of her aunt Hil.
I'm hoping my parents can come out soon. My dad was sick for a while so it was hard. But luckily he's ok.
"Mom?" Amelia spoke while chewing.
"Swallow first." I said.
Amelia chewed and swallowed her food. "Some kids at school asked why I don't have a dad."
Ugh! I knew this would come up, but not now. She's only 6 years old.
"You're dad and I had differences. Sometimes, two people aren't meant for each other."
Smooth Cara. I didn't know what else to say.
"Ok." She said and returned to eating her pancakes.
Whew!
I finished off the batter and washed the dishes, cleaned up the counter and got ready for work.
I fixed Amelia's hair after she dressed herself for kindergarten.

                                       ~~~

Tony
I woke up with a massive headache. I rubbed my  temples and got up to go to the bathroom. As i relieved myself I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I rubbed the stubble on my face. My dark hair showed spots of aging.
"Damn man. You're looking old." I said to myself.
I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I opened up Google and searched Cara. Everything that came up was a dead end. It was all in Boston.
If anyone knew what she was it was her parents. And Hilary. I'm sure.
I needed to find out, but if they saw me, the cops would be all over me. I had to be careful.

Saturday February 23, 2019
I've been keeping tabs on my in-laws for the past 10 days. I planned ahead. Tonight they were going out with friends.
I parked down the street and waited until they left. Once I saw their car pull out of the drive I ducked and waited for them to pass.
I let 60 seconds go by before I exited the car. I ran to the house and went around back. There's no alarm. I've been here plenty of times before. I searched the garden and found what I was looking for. A fake rock. I turned it over and pulled out a key.
Once inside I did what I came to do and left. I put the key back where I found it. No one even knew I was there.

Saturday March 2, 2019
I parked in my usual spot down the street from the in-laws. I had headphone on my head, listening. Ellen was taking on the phone with Cara. Oh how I missed her voice.
"We have our tickets for the 29th. Our flight leaves at 1:25pm on American Airlines." Ellen said. "We should get into Jacksonville at 4:15pm."
"You have the address right?" Cara asked.
"503 Maple drive. Got it. I can't wait to see my girls again."
"Gotcha!" I said smiling like a kid in the candy store.  I started the car and drive back to the hotel.
I was pleased work myself. Bugging the phone was the most genius thing I've done.
"I'll be seeing you soon honey."

                                       ~~~

Cara
"Grandmas on the phone Amelia." I called out.
Amelia came running from her bedroom. She nearly snatched the phone out of my hand.
"Hi Grammy." She said.
She nodded and I told her Grammy can't wait to see her.
"Yes." She said.
"You're really coming here?!" Amelia said jumping up and down. "Yaaay."
Whatever my mom said calmed her down. She sat down on the sofa.
"Uh huh. Ok. I love you and pop pop. I will. Goodnight." She said then handed me the phone.
"Goodnight mom. Love you." Amelia said kissing my cheek. Then disappeared into the bathroom to brush her teeth.
"Well, she's happy. Just be careful mom. I love you. Tell dad I love him. Goodnight."
Once Amelia was in bed I went to my room and texted Hilary. I asked if he'd been spotted yet. Of course he hasn't. At one point over the last five years we thought that maybe he died somewhere and no one knew. But it was unlikely. He wasn't a drug abuse, just an alcohol abuse.
I told her my parents were finally coming out. She was happy for me. We texted for a few more minutes then told her Goodnight.