Chapter 8: First Picnic

Start from the beginning

Kate walks toward the picnic table placing the basket on it.

"We got alittle distracted."

"Kate please, Harper's here. You need to speak appropriately around her."

"Alright alright. Bossy."

I give her a look, letting her know that I heard her. I swear she can be irritating at times.

"So. We're exposing ourselves to the human?" Garrett points out sarcastically.

Although, he has a point. Harper can't always see us like this. Especially when she becomes old enough to understand things.

"Momma."

I smile at her and pinch her little cheeks. I can't help but feel ashamed, I don't want to keep any secrets from Harper, but I know have to for her own protection.

"I have an idea." Kate suddenly says.

"What is it?" I ask, intrigued.

Kate sighs deeply, puts her hands together, and walks left and right. We all stare at in curiosity. What's this idea of hers? Harper then begins to fuss. How idiotic of me. Ofcourse, she was hungry! I open the picnic basket and take out a ham and cheese sandwich. She takes a big bite out of it. Kate then continues on to tell us her idea.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we could make a photo album. We can take photos of us together, with one of us in the sunlight. Then when Harper's old enough we can show it to her and tell her everything about our world, and at the same time we would be making memories."

We look at each other thinking. This was a good idea. It may be too soon to think about it now, but I do intend on making Harper one of us someday. If I want to make memories with her, why not start now?

"Alright. Let's do it. Anyone have a camera on them?

Garrett digs into the basket and takes out a vintage style instant film camera with a stand. It belonged to Irina, she loved collecting old things. This camera was her favorite. I look at Garrett wondering why he would have these things in hand.