Chapter 14

"Rowan ."

"Yes." I answered with a twinge of annoyance in my voice. I let out a deep breath trying to calm my nerves.

"It's just a game Rowan,  no need to go postal." Osiris said trying to calm me down.

I did nothing but glare at him. We were in a competitive game of Monopoly. Which he was kicking my butt at.

" 6 fucking times, I've been thrown in jail! I've had to sell you 5 of just properties and now I'm bankrupt! I swear you're cheating! " I threw my hands up in exasperation,  sending him in a bundle of laughter.

He reached over the game board and kissed me firmly on the lips.

It was soft and sweet but lacked something, there were no fireworks, no butterflies,  nothing.  And I knew why.

I quickly pushed him out of my mind by kissing him back.

Our kiss was slow and long, we had abandoned the game now as I pushed it out my way to get closer to him.

I felt his hand creep up the back of my shirt at no point did I try to stop him.

Our bodies tangled into one, our breaths were  erratic, our hand groping each other in a need fashion.

I admit things were going a little far but I had no intentions to stop, until my Mom popped in.

Osiris or Osi as I like to call him, him.order backed at the sound of my mom's voice.

"Good afternoon , I was just about to head out." He told her , standing up straightening his wrinkled clothes.

"I'm sure you were." He bid me goodbye and walked out.

I quickly got up and, with embarrassment walked past my Mom.

I was just about upstairs when she called me back.

"Rowan." She hesitated some. I looked at her. "I'm worried about you.."

I was took aback."What do you mean Mom?" I asked her.

She sat down on the couch and patted to seat next to her.

I sat down.

"Don't you think it's to early to be in a relationship with anyone at this time?" She asked me.

I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"It hasn't been to long ago, you were so in love with hi-"I cut her off before she could finish.

"That was then, this is now." I told her, my throat began to constrict.

"Rowan I don't mean to hurt you, it's just I don't want you in anything you can't handle, you were so depressing I-" I cut her off.

I rose from the couch quickly, looking at trying to get her to understand. "I know, and I'm sorry that happened.  I'm trying so hard to move on and well Osiris is a nice guy, maybe overtime I'd fall for him as much as I fell for King." I told her with much difficulty,  saying his name brought back anxieties that I did not want.

Tears were fallen so I rapped my arms around her in a tight embrace.

"It's all going to be alright,  I graduate in less than two   months Mom, then it's summer break. High-school will be behind me and I'll get to start a new life hopefully better than this one." I told her, talking to me more than her.

"Everything will be fine."

~~~~~~~~~~

" Does this dress make my butt look big?" Ali asked me as she turned around giving me a clear view of her dairy aire.