Chapter 34

No proofreading done. I literally wrote this while waiting on Ubereats. Enjoy -Kay.

"Brandon, if you could read number one for me." said Mrs. Laundry our anger management lady.

He glanced around and cleared his throat. "Some people describe anger as a secondary emotion. This means that anger is a response to a primary emotion such as hurt, fear or sadness. For example, someone might feel hurt and lash out with anger in response." he finished.

Mrs. Laundry nodded. "So my question to you Brandon is do you think anger is a secondary emotion, why or why not."

I slouched in my seat waiting on this boy to answer. One thing I hated was being here sitting in a circle with people whom I didn't know.

"I don't know." Brandon finally answered.

"Care to guess."

Shrugging he sighed hard. "Not really."

I chuckled a little. I guess I'm not the only one over this.

"Well they say that anger is often called a secondary emotion because we tend to resort to anger in order to protect ourselves from or cover up other vulnerable feelings. Would you agree Brandon."

"I guess." he shrugged again.

"Do you often respond with anger."

"I do." I mumbled to myself.

"Why."

I looked up at everyone staring at me. "Why what."

"Why do you often respond with anger Jaycean."

"Because I often feel disrespected and attacked."

"But what if they don't mean any harm of any type."

"They always do in the end."

"Not many people Jaycean. You can't continue to walk around with that mindset. It's unhealthy."

"Well." I scoffed. "It has worked for me these pass eleven years."

"What does anger mean to you."

"Don't know, don't care to know. I'm not an angry person."

"You're showing anger right now."

"No I'm not just simply stating to you that I'm not an angry person."

"Then why are you here."

"Cause it's either hea' or prison."

The lady sighed going on to explain what anger meant.

"Everybody feels anger at different times, to varying degrees. It’s simply part of the human experience. Feelings of anger can arise in many different contexts. Experiencing unjust treatment, hearing a criticism, or simply not getting what you want are but a few of the potential triggers."

This girl named Devyon raised her hand. "Not getting what you want meaning being told no."

"That's correct. The experience of anger can range from mild irritation, to frustration, all the way up to seething rage.  As a matter of fact, even boredom is a mild version of anger in the form of dissatisfaction with what is happening."

Feeling my phone vibrating in my hoodie jacket I smoothly pulled it out.

MyFirstPrince: Mama have you talked to Dad.

I frowned at Cameron message. Carter ass better had picked up my baby from school.

Me: Naw, why what's the problem.