•chapter 8•

warning= much intense & arguing😂
.
.
You studied Lou for a few minutes before letting out a sigh, nodding your head. "that explains the picture of you and ox, but.. I still don't get why he had to go, it doesn't make sense!" you said and stared at him, waiting for an answer as you sat down on his chair, him still standing in front of you.

"it was.. A tragic story, it is... I had to make him leave, for his own sake!" he dramatically said, before he paused and thought for a while. " If he hadn't... If he hadn't, the other dolls would've bullied him. You know how they are, those perfectionists can be so rude sometimes." You huffed in annoyance at the hypocrite's words. "I had no choice. I told him that he wasn't meant to go to the big world. It's true, he never was suppposed to go to the big world.. He should never be allowed to. " he grit his teeth through the last sentence. Is that really the truth, though? All of his words seems.. Made up.

You stared at him with a blank face as you rest your bead on your palm. You raised an eyebrow and replied, "really? That's all? You sent him away just because the others didn't like him?" You eyed him suspiciously. "that still doesn't make any sense. What makes you think that- just because he was a reject and was different, he couldn't go to the big world? You don't know that! What gives you the right to---!" And then you pushed yourself. You can't hold it in anymore. You want to finish this right here, right now. A doll popped into your mind as you were about to snap at him. "w-wait.. What about Nolan? He's like the other dolls here, only differences are his eyes, hair, and freckles on his face. What- are you gonna send him away too!?" you shouted. "just because he's.. UGLY !?" You shaped your fingers into a quote on quote shape at the last word. It's obvious that you were very angry now. You've lost patience, you want him to drop the act and stop all of this nonsense.

Lou glared at her. His glare burning through her. He sighed, "Look. Let's just make another deal. To make things fair. " he clasped his hands together and points it towards you. You crossed your arms, offended. "Oh. So now you want another stupid deal to distract me from everything just now, hm!?" You walked closer to him. " Why won't you just answer my questions? Or are you that scared?? Oh I know you're hiding som-" He tensed up and raised his index finger in between your faces, he's clearly losing patience. "Stop! Shut your mouth!-..Please." he takes a deep breath in, the atmosphere around you getting heavy as he took a step, now he's even closer to you. Just a breath away.

At this point you could smell his minty cologne, tickling your nose. But you ignored the alluring scent. "I'm not scared. It's just very confusing to me, why YOU, a nobody, have the rights to nose into my business! So, since the final test begins in two days... " he grinned, his eyes beaming. You winced at the word 'nobody'. That word always hits you like a ton of bricks. "you'll run the gauntlet. And I'll run it with you. And if you prove to me that you're worthy.. In other words, if you pass!... I'll let you know anything you want to know, and let you do anything you want to do. Before you go to the big world--- if you pass." he adds and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, causing his skin to softly graze across your cheeks, sending tingles. He smirked knowingly, confident that you'll never going to pass the gauntlet.

You snapped back to reality and slap his hand away, "don't touch me." You mumbled sharply through your gritted teeth, even though your cheeks are a soft tint of red. She glared at him before looking away, avoiding eye contact. "Fine. If that's how you wanna play, I'll play your stupid game.. You better stick to your word. Just because you're Mr. Perfect, doesn't mean you're always going to win. You never know, I might pass and beat you at your own game... You creep. " You smirked evilly against him.

He took a step back, and chuckled nervously. "What's that?.. Creep? Seriously??" he ran his fingers through his perfect hair and closed his eyes as he smiled, though his expression seemed shaken or offended. His furrowed eyebrows showed so. But he regained his cool and returned both his hands behind his back, standing straight. "Anyways.. I don't need to pass.. Or win. I just need to make sure you don't, dolly. " his smile then disappeared as his face turned serious and threatening. "And you really won't."

You crossed your arm and rolled your eyes "ooooh! I'm so scaared!!" She mocked, but in reality, she felt a but intimidated. "alright that's enough. You can leave now." he said, shooing you away.

You lost it and grabbed him by the collar. "Listen here, you pathetic excuse of a doll, I don't know what tour deal is but if you think you can toy me around, you're DEAD WRONG! I'm not going to fall for your looks or charms like everyone else. I can see right through you and I'm going to find out the truth." You said before letting him go. He stared at you with a surprised but also resentful. He watched as you leave. He felt a pang of guilty pain in his heart as he watched you leave the room. "girls sure can be scary.. " he mumbled and sighed before sitting down and going back to work.

--------------------------

Hello, It's Mars~ I have important news! Starting from this chapter and so on, this story will be written not only by me, but also with the help of WolfKingdom7, a good friend of mine! So give credits to her for giving (y/n) a much more interesting character and actually making this whole story more complex but also easier to write! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, I know it's been a while since I've updated, and I apologize! So here it is, hope you liked it~

-Much love, Mars