Chapter Thirteen: Hell

Start from the beginning

"What...?" Taehyung incredulously says, his hands curling to fists beneath the table, "That isn't true..."

"Really, Taehyung, do you have no shame?!" his mother shouts and Taehyung flinches.

"Mother—"

"What does it matter if Taehyung slept around in college? Everyone does! I bet Talia has been with more men in one year than Taehyung has in his entire life," Ann Marie snaps as she slams her hand down loudly on the wooden table, "Will you please stop with all of this hypocrisy and let Taehyung enjoy his time in England with Jungkook?!" the two women are silent and Taehyung looks at Jungkook, his large eyes blurring slightly with tears. He can't stand all of this bullshit, and all of the lies. Taehyung's fingers reach out and grab the bottom of Jungkook's shirt, tugging on it lightly even though it is tucked into his jeans.

"Can we go...? I don't want to be here anymore..." Taehyung whispers and Jungkook nods, a gentle smile soothing Taehyung's ruffled feathers while his hand rests on the back of Taehyung's neck.

"Of course, love. Did you get enough to eat?" Jungkook quietly asks and Taehyung softly nods. The three women observe this cute scene with mixed reactions, yet Taehyung doesn't care. At the moment his eyes are on Jungkook and only Jungkook. It isn't until Talia scoffs that Taehyung bothers to look her way.

"I'm surprised you're done already. You used to eat like a pig when we were younger," Talia teases and Taehyung lightly winces with embarrassment.

"I was a teenage boy. Of course, I ate a lot..."

"A growing child needs to eat a lot, Talia," Ann Marie chastises, yet Talia just rolls her eyes.

"That's actually an unhealthy excuse," Taehyung's mother exclaims, "I've read a study recently—" Taehyung instantly stops listening at that phrase. I've read a study is how it always starts. The verbal abuse and humiliation that accompanies that 'study' which probably is some super ridiculous lie like starving yourself is actually a good thing and blah blah blah... Taehyung has learned how to tune these lectures out; Jungkook has not. He listens to the venomous 'facts' Helen spews, his jaw clenched as she accuses Taehyung of gaining weight and being fat when he is not. Talia seems to enjoy Taehyung's cold discomfort; the toxicity of this family is almost too much to bear.

"I'm sorry, but you're wrong," Jungkook snaps, interrupting Helen's verbal lashing and surprising the others. Taehyung can't stand up for himself, so Jungkook will do it for him. Jungkook rests a hand on Taehyung's knee again, turning it slightly to cup Taehyung's hand beneath the table and giving it a reassuring squeeze. Taehyung quickly laces their fingers, his numbness melting as he sees Jungkook's determined, confident, gaze.

"This isn't any of your business," Helen growls, blue eyes filled with contempt.

"You're attacking Taehyung, so it is my business. He is my boyfriend, and I really don't appreciate you degrading him like that. Taehyung isn't fat. He isn't overweight or unhealthy. He's just perfect as he is, and if he wants to eat pancakes everyday for the rest of his life, I wouldn't care because he would be happy. That's all that matters," Jungkook snaps; the authoritative tone in his voice holds so much truth and conviction that Taehyung blushes lightly.

"Well said!" Ann Marie chimes, her face pulling back into a bright grin. Taehyung fights the temptation to jump into Jungkook's lap and hug him to death. Especially since his mother and sister are watching; he's pretty sure they would murder him if he did something like that. So for now all he can do is squeeze Jungkook's hand.

"And how would you know what Taehyung's body is like? I am his mother. I know best!"

"Yeah right," Taehyung mumbles under his breath so only Jungkook can hear him.

"I really want to piss her off..." Jungkook whispers in Korean as Ann Marie bickers with Helen about being too aggressive over Taehyung. Taehyung looks at Jungkook's gleaming eyes and wicked smirk, instantly knowing what he has in mind. And it has Tae's heart racing with both nerves and excitement. He feels like a teen breaking the rules for the very first time, and despite being slightly terrified, he absolutely loves it.

"Go for it," Taehyung replies in Korean, the foreign language drawing Ann Marie's attention.

"What are you planning?" she asks in the language only the three of them understand. Taehyung and Jungkook don't respond, their only focus on the game their about to play. Jungkook brings their joined hands out from under the table, kissing Taehyung's linked fingers as the blonde's cheeks flush lightly. Jungkook only has his eyes on Taehyung, yet he hears Helen and Talia's gasp at the small display of affection. Taehyung's eyes flicker to Jungkook' slips as they curl into a gentle grin.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Helen cries, her voice going shrill with fury.

"You asked how I know Taehyung's body. I'm just providing the answer," Jungkook retorts as Taehyung leans on Jungkook's side slightly. He tells himself he's just playing along, yet when Jungkook wraps an arm around his waist, he feels his heart go wild in his chest. It pounds aggressively in its cage, begging to be released. Begging to be loved.

"And what might that be?" she snaps, hateful eyes burning through the couple.

"I'm his boyfriend. Have been for months. I've learned every single plane and curve on his body and trust me. He is perfect just as he is," Jungkook purrs. His words have Helen raging, Talia gaping, Taehyung brightly blushing, and Ann Marie loudly cackling which breaks all expectation of propriety.

"I told you I love this boy!" Ann Marie says in Korean, fondly smiling as Jungkook strokes small circles on Taehyung's side.

"Taehyung!" his mother shouts, planning on reprimanding her son with a face red with rage. The blond just leans closer to Jungkook, his lips inches from the boy's ear.

"Let's go, Jungkook," Tae whispers, smirking in a way that has Jungkook's blood rushing south. The two boys stand up, chairs sliding loudly across the polished floor, "We'll see you all later!"

"Use a condom!" Ann Marie cries at their retreating backs.

"Taehyung!" Helen and Talia scream, yet he doesn't listen. He doesn't want to give them the satisfaction of humiliating or manipulating him once again. No. He's free from that. He's not their toy any longer. With Jungkook by his side, it's okay for him to truly be himself. To be free.

"Damn, Tae, you really know how to seduce a man..." Jungkook mumbles, wandering slowly next to Taehyung as he tries to cool down his desire. Taehyung giggles lightly, his hand instinctively reaching for Jungkook, who readily accepts it.

"I'm sorry! I really do appreciate what you did back there though..." Taehyung's words are like soothing balm, and instantly calms Jungkook's lust. The dark-haired boy just smiles, raising Taehyung's hand to his lips as he kisses the back of it once more.

"Anytime, love. Anytime..."

...

*And that's all she wrote! Next chapter will be out soon though!*