► New People and Choice Of Words

Over My Head By A Day To Remember

               New People and Choice Of Words

       ''Now that wasn't so bad, was it?''.

       I turned to Lydia as we exited through the double doors of the mall.

       ''Define bad'' I remarked, squinting my eye's and pressing my lips together in a straight line. The roll of her eye's made me turn around, immediately bumping into something, or someone as I fell to the ground. One or two bags flew out of my grip, which caused Lydia to chase after.

       I looked up to the figure that I couldn't really see much of being as they stood right in front of the sun.

       ''I am so sorry, I wasn't paying any attention'' He excused, bending down and letting the sun now viewed with it's shine as his hand was out. My eye's went for his facial features, and it was amazing.

       The way his dirty blonde hair was spiked up in the front, every other piece just combed foward. His cheek bones down to his jaw line sort of squeezed in, but when he smiled it didn't look small at all.

       ''No, it was um, really mine. I was paying attention to my friend'' I objected, taking his hand as he pulled me up.

       I pointed over to Lydia to see her freakishly checking on the objects in the bags.

       ''Friend?'' He asked as he watched her as well. I nodded my head.

       ''She could be very caring'' I excused, hearing him lightly chuckled. I guess his laugh was infectious because it caused me to smile just hearing it.

       ''I'm Thomas'' He introduced.

       ''Scarlett''.

       The noise of people walking back and forth, plastic bags making its repeating commotion as its swung by the handles of the buyer. People constantly chattering, and we were just standing here, looking into each others eye's.

       His eye's actually made the color brown special, and that's something a lot of people have in common when it come to it's color.

       ''So um..'' I started, looking down at my feet. I didn't want a repeat of what happened when Scott was in my room..

       ''Are you new in town?'' I asked. Most of you would think that's a stupid question,but in a small town, faces become the very familiar, and I have never seen him before.

       ''Yeah, I just moved here yesterday'' He said, still looking down at me. Smiling.

       ''So that means I'll be seeing you at school-''.

       ''Tomorrow? pretty much'' He finished, causing me to laugh. He suddenly took out his phone, obviously putting in a password, and his orbs scanned across his screen, most likely reading a text.

       ''I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow?'' He asked, sounding hopeful as his eyebrows were arched, his lips forcing it's way upward into a smile. I nodded before he walked past me, disapearing into the crowd of shoppers.

       I walked over to Lydia to see her arms cross, her eye's squinting at me as her lips were scrunched to the side.

       ''What?''.

       Her eye's widen, eyebrows going up along with the movement as her lips were now pursed.

       ''Lydia stop making faces and tell me what's wrong'' I demanded. Her face fell completley flat, sighing before she spoke.

       ''You my friend, are now involved with another guy'' She observed. My expression scrunched into confussion.

       ''I just met him''.

       ''And his voice, his looks, nothing from that minute conversation is still lingering around your head?'' She asked. I wasn't gonna lie, she did have a point. His voice was practically unforgettable.

       I looked down in shame. Involve with another guy, and the guy being new, is totally not like me.

       I looked up after a moment, my brows arched as I sighed.

       ''Let's just go''.

× × ×

       ''Omph!''.

       I was on top of Aurore, as we rolled into the hallway. Lydia was driving me home, and I saw Aurore out on the street with some guy. Obviously her age, but still, how did she leave school?

       I told Lydia to drive me to my house and give me my stuff later as I literally chased after Aurore, and of course she chose to run home.

       ''Ugh! Get Off Of Me!'' She squealed, trying to crawl from underneath my weight.

       ''Why Were You Skipping School?!''.

       ''Mom!''

       ''Mom And Dad's Not Home!'' I yelled over her screaming. Aurore wasn't giving up of being released, so she wailed her arms making her hand slap me across my face. I jumped a bit, her having the advantage to crawl out and soon getting back on her feet.

       I ran after her as we were running up the stairs.

       ''Aurore!''.

       ''Leave Me Alone!'' She yelled while running in her room, as she closed it shut, but I still chose to walk in. Swinging the door open, I already saw her looking at the door just a few steps away from it.

       ''You're Getting Out Of Control!''.

       ''I'm Getting Out Of Control?!''.

       "'This Was In The Damn Past! Why Can't You Just Let It Go?!''.

       ''Oh screw you, as long as I know it, I don't want you as my sister'' She retorted. I was actually taken back. Aurore has said many things, but that..

       I won't forget.

       I walked out of her room, slamming it shut.