A couple of hours later, he was treated to aromatic smells of Khushi's cooking. Arnav waited patiently for the other maids to leave before he could pull her into his arms. Khushi had requested complete secrecy of their relationship and he didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"Patience is a virtue, they say", Arnav thought fondly, "this is what happens when I desire the goddess herself!"

His Dadi and Di had grown suspicious of his intentions in visiting Nainital often. But thankfully, his previous reputation in abhorring relationships saved him from their incessant questionnaire.

Arnav had called his Di in the morning before she left for Singapore for a vacation with her family. She mentioned that his Dadi was on a long religious tour of various sacred places in India.

It was late when Arnav got a chance to get Khushi alone. He snatched the apples from her hand, threw them on the countertop, pushed her to the wall and crashed onto her lips.

"Khushi, I missed you", he said in between kisses, "It is very...very difficult to not see you even for a day"

As he pulled her body closer to his, he splayed his hand on her back while softly nipping her ear. Khushi moaned at the sweet pain.

"I'm crazy about you baby", he said biting her chin, "I cannot even sleep properly if I don't see you.. This is addiction", he chuckled, "No..more an obsession"

With joy blooming in her heart, Khushi gently extricated herself.

Arnav then took a long look at her, "Why are you all dressed up? Anything special today?"

"It is Basant Panchami, an important festival here", Khushi explained, liking the fact that he noticed her attire, "I will be going to the temple"

"You look beautiful", he said pulling her back into him as he nibbled on her neck leaving a few hickeys here and there while his hand touched her skin under the pallu. Khushi was totally lost in the steamy sensations.

 "Stay back with me tonight", he murmured with his head bent into the crook of her neck

That jolted Khushi from the sweet torture she was going through.

"No, I cannot," Khushi moved back gently placing her palms on his chest, " What will people say?" she continued, "It won't look good..If others come to know, my honour and that of my family's will be at stake"

She tried releasing herself from his hold; when he wouldn't let her go, she chuckled.

"It's not like in big cities here", she tried convincing him, "Everything will be gossiped about; Without marriage, a girl cannot stay with a man", she said innocently.