Chapter 8: Old Friend

Start from the beginning

     "And to answer your question from before, I've been Alright I guess. My wife left me because I was a total jerk to her: her words not mine. And yeah, that's about it..how about you, How's your life been?" He asked to me as he pours me a glass of water to drink some pills.

     "Ive been..confused lately but that's for another cup of wine Husk." I laugh at my own joke, not receiving a laugh from him. I clear my throat and shake off my awkwardness.

     "Quick question, why in Satans name am I here for?...I'm supposed to be on the west side of hell dealing with some endeavors for Char— for a friend of mine, I mean" I said with a hint of pink growing on my cheeks. I growl in agony and slap myself.

    "We'll talk about your friend later. The reason why you're on this side of hell is because my team is too lazy to go to the Westside so, we moseyed on over to the Eastside and dragged you back to the west side!" Husk said as he scratched the back of his head. I sighed and placed my hand on his shoulder.

    "I'm going to need my staff back" I say to him, using my hand on his shoulder to hurt him slightly. He aches to the side and walks me to my staff outside the four clay walks.

     "You know Alastor, we should hang out sometime. It's been like what..Two weeks?"  Husk asked me with a punch in the right arm as a joke. I chuckle and tighten my bow.

    "Yeah, it's been over two weeks." I say, surprised. And walk down the halls of his agency, I couldn't help but notice Husk: he was wearing black jeans and dress shoes. And the one thing that caught my surprise, was a big scar on his left arm that was now scabbed.

"Husk, Who hurt you?" I asked him, concerned. He sighed and moved his face ninty degrees and looked at me.

"I h-has an incident with a demon a while back..no biggie" He said as he turned his face so he could know where he was walking to. I was behind him and y the links of it, he wasn't enjoying being alone.

I observe the agency. After the four walls I was in, finest compare to the ones I see now. Husk didn't say another word after I asked him about the scar. The noise of the walking started to irritate me, making me whistle to ease the pain.

We finally arrived at a door that gloomed green saying: exit. I chuckled and we walked inside. Inside I found multiple people working on computers and such. As we continued to walk, the only thing heard was the clicking of the keyboard and the scrolling of the mouses.

"Here" Husk said handing over my staff.

"Sorry to cut this short my friend, but I must be on my way! Have a wonderful time, tootles!" I said to Husk as I started getting my staff up and running. Before I could leave, Travis grabbed my hand and stared at me.

"Come visit me sometime alright?.."

"Of course! You can count on it! And thank you, everyone, for helping me out with my condition!" Those where the last words I said before being teleported to the west side of hell.

Arriving at the Wes side of hell made me feel secure in such a way. I tighten my bow and brush off the remaining of the bloody demons in the teleportation center.

I can't believe Husk is helping me get rid of this cancer running throughout my veins...

It's at stage three and that meant I could die..

Luckily enough my good friend was there to help me, and I'm glad he was..

Now...

What to do about Charlie...

I walked up to the hotel and bite my bottom lip. I got to nervous and was about to turn around and walk away from the hotel, when Dust comes running towards me and pulling me inside.

The place were he grabbed me, I started to pan rise up my arm. He didn't notice because he was such in a hurry to get inside. By the time we where inside the hotel, no one bothered to look at us. Two demons running into a hotel giving no shits about anything.

Dust runs was approaching Charlie, which made us both lock eyes, before he passed her. Dust pulls me all the way upstairs, meanwhile Charlie was coming up stairs as well, following us.

Dust immediately opens the door behind me, shoves me inside and closes the door behind him, making sure Charlie didn't follow.

"Soo, tell me when and why you started to develop feelings for Charlie! I. Want. Every. Detail." As he said that sentence, he included clapping. I chuckled and got up from the floor. I sat in the chair at the desk and he sat on the bed, legs crossed and ears ready.

"Well, if you must know."

Dust leans his face down where his hands where using him to support himself, and slightly tilted his head to the side with a big smirk.

"To completely forward with you, I don't quite understand why I have been.. encountering feelings for the madam.." I say, slowly taking my eyes off of Dust to look at my hand.

    "I understand she is quite beautiful, and has a very kind heart but apart from that, I don't understand why I can't get her off my mind!" I say looking back at Dust. The only bing I saw in his eyes where: this is so cute, my friend likes someone..and we know that someone!

    "It's obvious my dude, you have a crush on our friend. I don't blame you, I like Vaggie!" Dust said speeding his positivity around my bubble of persona space. We both laugh, internally.

    "I guess you're right. I just didn't want it to be true..." I say as I lowered my voice. I then received a hug from Dust, making me chuckle as I taped his back gently letting him know I was done with the hug. He backs away and flops on to the bed full of excitement.

    "Speaking of Vaggie, when are you going to tell her your love feelings towards her?" I say with a smirk appearing in my face. His cheeks bloom a shade of pink as he smiled.

    "I am planning on telling her tomorrow night, when I ask her out of course" Dust said, getting up from the bed.

    "Would you mind, coming with me to pick out a nice outfit to wear?" Dust asked me, twiddling his thumbs. I smirk and nod my head a yes. As I got up to open the door, Dust stopped me to look in the peeping hole in the door.

    He gasps as he sees someone outside the door, ease dropping on the conversation. I get all fired up and was about to knock down the door when Dust, once again, stops me.

    "It's Charlie"

Words count: 1867
Chapter 9: June 7th