Chapter 3: Training?

"Hey, watch it!" A man yelled.

"My bad! Sorry!" A girl on a motorcycle crashed into a trash can, effectively knocking it over.

"Oops! Don't worry, I got it!" She dismounted her bike and bent down to pick up the trash.

"Looks like you could use a hand. I'm Tyler." Tyler bent down and offered his help.

"Oh, wow, thanks, Tyler. I'm so late." The older girl stood up and ran towards a building. 

Tyler sighed.

"Looks like you're the one who could use a hand." Gina commented.

"That'd be great."

"Wouldn't it?" Gina stalked off.

Ellie set down her stuff and crouched next to Tyler.

"Here. I'll give you a hand."

"Thanks, Ele."

The girl froze.

"You don't mind if I call you that, right?" Tyler asked, tossing an empty soda can into the trash can.

Ellie shook her head.

"I don't mind at all. It just caught me off guard for a second."

Tyler looked up to see a kid eating a big chocolate bar.

"Jeffy, you seen my great big candy bar?" Called a woman on the beach.

Jeffy widened his eyes and tossed the bar onto Tyler's shorts.

"Don't worry. I'll get that." Tyler groaned.

"Jeffy?" Ellie looked up.

The little boy gasped.

"Ellie!" The little boy jumped into Ellie's arms as she tussled his hair.

"Jeffy, could you apologize for throwing chocolate on Tyler?"

"Sorry, Ellie."

"Not me."

Jeffy looked at Tyler and gave him the stink eye.

"Bye, Ellie!" The little boy shouted and ran off towards his mother.

"Bye, Jeffy! Stay safe!"

"How do you even know him?" Tyler asked, picking the bar up by the wrapper and dropping it in with the rest of the trash.

"Long story. My dad is friends with his dad."

"Oh."

Ellie nodded and stood up.

"Let's go."

"Right."

✧✧✧✧✧

"I think we should set up over there, because I wanna be close to the water, but not to need to move when the tide comes in." Tyler explained to Eric and Ellie.

"Set up your beach chair? What are you talking about?" Eric asked.

"Were kicking it at the beach all summer!"

"Do you even know what Junior Rescue is?" Eric asked.

Tyler looked up.

"I do not."

 Ellie rolled her eyes.

Suddenly, a horn blared. A beach car made it's way on the sand. On it, a man holding a megaphone, another man and a girl.

"What are you doin' just standin' around, beach rats?" The man with the megaphone jumped off the car.

"What's up? My name's Brody. This is my bro, Spencer. And that is Spencer's bro, Logan, who is also my bro." Brody introduced.