Lacey

DATE: March 27, 3029

LOCATION: Undisclosed

I wake up to complete darkness. It's so dark that I can't see my hand right in front of my face. For about five minutes, I lay in the seemingly endless black void. That's when I hear the sirens. I know who they're after. It's me. They've been chasing me for four years so far, but They still haven't even come close to finding me.

I lost my mother the day I started running. They had found out that she was hiding me, and if she hadn't told me to run, I would be dead, like she is. She saved my life, and They killed her.

As the sirens get louder, indicating They're drawing nearer, I grab my over-the-shoulder, cross-body bag filled with my belongings, as I had been using it for a pillow. I run out of the alleyway, into the streets. I look to my left and see the blue lights heading straight for me. Turning around, I re-enter the alleyway, hiding in the shadows as They drive past. Once they do, I exit on the opposite side of the alleyway, and make my way down the street on my right, so I'm on a different road than Them, and also so that I'm traveling in the opposite direction than They are.

This is my life. And yet, I'm only nine years old.

^^^^^^^^^^

Hello to anyone reading this, and thank you for reading! I know I probably shouldn't be starting another story right now, given that I still have two fanfics to keep up with, but I just got the perfect idea in my head for an original story and I wanted to get it down while it was still fresh in my mind. Let me know what you think! Should I continue? I would love to hear your lovely opinions!

~Tiffani

Vote! Comment! Follow! ❤️