thirteen

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘼𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 ]

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘼𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 ]

▂▂▂▂

"WHO HURT YOU?" EZRA QUESTIONED, staring at the healing scars on her back.

Memories flashed through her mind so fast, she was becoming breathless from the anxiety. She blinked through her tears, pulling her cardigan back over her scars, "I don't know."

"What happened?" He asked, frowning.

"Just leave it." Madison responded and headed for the door. Ezra hurried after her and slammed the door shut with his hand as she opened it. He held it shut strongly with his hand.

"What happened, Madison?!" He yelled angrily, wanting a response, making her shudder in shock.

The shock triggered more flashes of trauma and she broke down. Ezra's face melted into sympathy, realising he'd yelled when he hadn't meant to. Madison crumbled and cried, heaving so hard her chest hurt. Ezra quickly pulled her into his chest and he moved the both of them onto the floor. He leant his back against the door, holding a broken Madison closely to him.

Ten minutes later, Madison had cried herself to sleep so Ezra moved her onto his bed and tucked her in. He left her to rest until she woke. When she did, he made her some food and a hot drink. He never questioned her about the scars, he just wanted to make sure she was okay.

Madison was sat on the sofa next to Ezra, as she drank some tea from the mug. She looked towards him, full of regret, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked.

"Believing you'd be like your parents." Madison said.

"You've been hurt so much you don't know who to trust." Ezra responded, "I understand."

Madison bowed her head and looked into the liquid in her mug. It was silent between them as they tried to find words. Ezra noticed a small red dot appearing through Madison's jeans at the top of her leg, just where the mug was.

He furrowed his brows, "Madi, what is that?"

Madison moved her mug and saw the blood coming through the material. She placed the mug on the coffee table and put her hand over it as she stood, "Nothing."

Ezra frowned, standing too, "No, Madison, stop avoiding my questions. Is someone hurting you?"

She couldn't get past him as he was blocking her path for the doorway. Madison exhaled, "I went to a party, and I smashed a bottle, the glass impaled my leg. I got a doctor to look at it, it's fine."

"It's bleeding." Ezra responded, concerned.

"It just needs a new dressing." Madison told him.

Ezra began to move backwards towards the kitchen, "I have some bandages."