Smriti continued, "Also I saw a creepy guy at both the places. He may be the stalker Khushi. I am just worried about you. I caught the same guy staring at our room window from the road a couple of times, but as soon as I saw him, he slipped off. I have a strong feeling, it's him"

"Slightly taller guy, heavily built, with wavy hair? Is that him you saw?"

"Exactly"

"Oh, Devi Maiyya, then it is him. Like I said, I did not get to see his face, but saw his silhouette. I will go complain to Menakaji, our warden today"

"You should Khushi, and remember never ever go by yourself alone. I saw his face, he has a sinister expression on his face all the time"

A month later, at MJP University, Bareilly (later at night around 9PM):

Khushi and Smriti being roommates, were chatting together about a recently released hindi movie. Khushi was enjoying the animated expressions of Smriti's analysis of her favorite hero. An eldritch screech brought them running out of their room into the main lobby in the first floor.

The sight that met their eyes unnerved them.

Menaka, the warden was screaming her lungs out in pain due to her sari having caught fire. A few other hostel residents covered her with blankets, after pulling her sari off, to extinguish the fire. An ambulance was called and Menaka was taken to the hospital. Just as the vehicle left, Khushi caught a man standing a few feet away on the road, smirking and looking towards her.

She was stumped. It was him.. definitely him.. Only this time, his face was clear.

He stared at her and pointed with his eyes at the main lobby desk. His smirk then disappeared into a malicious thinning of his lips and narrowing of his eyes. He turned his back and left silently through the side alley.

Khushi kept her hand on her chest near her thudding heart. She understood something was wrong... big time.

She went to the desk that he had pointed at and found a red rose over a plain envelop addressed to 'KHUSHI'

Khushi opened it with shivering fingers, sweating heavily even in the chill breeze of the night. There was a note inside.

"She came in between us. Who does she think she is, to warn me from seeing you? And she paid for it. This is just a trailer to show you what I am capable of. Nobody messes with me, not even you. You are beautiful darling. I love you"

Khushi collapsed. That was just the beginning...

Khushi lived in constant fear; She was constantly aware of being watched. She was not the same cheerful person anymore. One of her friends always accompanied her. The sparkling bubbly girl was losing herself in panic day by day.