Chapter Seven: Normal Day

Nico's POV

"Come ooooon!"

The collars I kept trying to give Will never fit his neck was just too damn fat. But I couldn't go outside and let another police officer see me walking him without one. I don't know what would happen, but I don't want to risk it.

Can we just.. Stay here?

I pouted as Will's voice circled in my head again, him giving me huge puppy-dog eyes in return. I shook my head and looked away, knowing I'd end up giving in if I kept looking. I turned to pick up a rope instead, ignoring his huff of annoyance.

I just don't want to go out like that..

"Well, we don't have any clothes for human you," I retorted, wrapping the rope around his neck while he was distracted with his pouting. "And you definitely can't walk around naked."

Why not?

"Because you can't, William!"

Will let out a grumble and huff again as I tied the rope collar off and attached an actually dog leash to it.

This won't hold me at all.. His eyes rose to mine in almost a challenge.

"Yes it will," I said firmly. "Because you'll be a good boy and follow me, won't you?" He huffed once more as I gave him a teasing pat on the head. And with a tug of the leash, I called out to whoever was in the house that I was taking "Sol" out on a walk and dragged the grumpy wolf along with me.

It's been a couple months since I've returned to the human world. Will has seemed to adjust pretty well. He disappeared once during our first month here and came back, apparently having went back to the pack during the night to properly explain what was going on. I scolded him for it, telling him how bad it would have been if Animal Control had found him. He'd just shook his head and claimed he had to, seeing how the pack would have probably fell into a panic with both of them gone. He'd officially placed Lou and Cecil in charge of the pack.

"How long will they be able to stay in charge..?" I'd asked at the time.

Will had shrugged his wolf shoulders and stated, As long as they need to.

My mind started to wander after that. I had truly forgotten about the pack when I arrived back into the city with Hazel and my other friends. How long could we stay there? How long was Will going to be able to stay with me until he had to go back to his pack? And when that happens, what would I do?

A body colliding with me knocked me out of my daze. I stumbled back, Will darting behind me to use his frame as a wall to keep me from falling. The other guy simply stumbled back, but caught himself.

"Watch where-" the man started to say, but froze mid-sentence as his eyes looked up at me.

I didn't question why he stopped. "Ah, sorry, I was distracted. Are you okay?"

The man had these cold, green eyes. He stared at me for a moment, not long, but long enough to make me uncomfortable. Will must have sensed that, since he gave the guy a warning growl. That snapped him to reality.

"No, no, it's okay!" The man's attitude shifted dramatically. "You're that kid from the news, right? You were in the woods for like a year?"

I cringed a little. I really didn't want that to be how I was known. But, I guess there isn't much I can do about that. "Uh.. Yeah.. I am."

"That's so cool!"

"Cool.. Yeah.."

The guy pulls out his phone and grins at me. "Can I take a picture with you? My girlfriend was so interested in your story. She'll be so jealous when she hears I ran into you.. Literally."

I hesitated. A picture? Was that even safe? But.. If I was gonna be a celebrity now.. "S-Sure."

The guy stepped to my side and leaned in. Will growled and bristled, but I placed my hand on his head to quiet him. The guy took a quick picture with me, grinning like a maniac while I smiled timidly. He nodded to me in thanks and left.

"That was odd.." I murmured, Will huffing.

I didn't like him...

"You only didn't like him because he touched me.."

Will grumbled. I laughed and kept on walking. Besides that weird encounter..

It was a normal day...