Chapter One: Already

Will's POV

It felt.. Wrong to leave the forest. The very place I was born and raised in. But I had to. I couldn't let these humans take my mate from me. I gladly followed at Nico's heels, keeping that "Percy" guy as far as possible despite Nico's protests on it.

It wasn't fun in the "car". It wasn't very big. I had to curl up to fit inside and even with that it was crowded. I didn't like how it bounced sometimes and the smells in it felt much too strong. I was glad to get out, immediately returning to Nico's side as I stretched my limps and shook out my coat.

We approached a large building, it seeming to expand over a large amount of land and had areas in front of it filled with more "cars". Some were large. Why couldn't we have came here in one of the bigger ones? It would have been so much more comfortable. I followed Nico closely, eyeing at the other humans that led our way. More humans passed us, some stopping to stare or point. Nico must not have trusted me that much, because he gripped at my neck fur and seemed to lead me as we walked. I didn't blame him. Though it was Sol he needed to be wary of. I could feel him pace, wanting to lunge at all the humans that crossed our path.

"You can't bring that.. Thing in here!" One man cried when his eyes landed on me. I swallowed down a growl.

"He won't hurt anyone," Nico rested his hand on my shoulder. I then saw a mischievous smirk on his face. "He's trained. Watch."

Nico took a step back, turning to face and point at me. "Sol, sit."

What..?

Everyone stared at me expectedly. I stared at Nico blankly. He repeated his command, with more of a pleading tone. I huffed, plopping down into a sit. Nico grinned while the others gaped.

I am so getting you for this.. I rumbled towards Nico, who's grin grew as a sign that he heard me.

"Good boy!" he cooed in a baby voice. "Now lay down!"

I reluctantly obeyed, my gaze never leaving him in a glare. Nico stifled a laugh. "Good boy! Roll over!"

I had enough. I stood up and looked away from him stubbornly. Nico repeated the command, but I ignored him. I was the Alpha of the South Pack. I wasn't going to stand here and be humiliated in front of humans.

"We're still working on that," Nico said finally.

"Well.. We still can't have an animal in here," the man at the door huffed. "This is a hospital."

"Can he wait out here?" The blonde Jason guy asked, looking right at Nico. "We're just going in to make sure you're okay."

"We don't need to," Nico shrugged. "I'm fine. We can go home."

"Nico-"

Before his friends could convince him otherwise, I picked up Nico by the back of his shirt and began walking back to the car. Nico protested weakly before just breaking into a giggle fit as his friends seemed to cry out in fear.

I already hate this place...