Chapter 3

Klaus's P.O.V.

I opened the door and saw Isadora Quagmire standing inches from my face. "Um, hi." I said in an awkward sounding voice. I let them in as Sunny ran up to them, now six years old, and she said "Isadora! Duncan! Quigley!" They smiled and Isadora said, "Sunny! You're so big now! And I can understand what you're saying!" Isadora was so beautiful, I was so happy that she was alive. I really hope she likes me the same way I like her. I stammered "Um, I gotta go to the store for Sunny, she wants to, make a cake!" I grabbed my coat and dashed out the door.

Violet's P.O.V

I snickered, Klaus was in love with my best friend! I said, "Ok! Isadora, you can stay in my room till we can get you your own, ok? And boys, you get to camp out in the only furnished guest room." Isadora said "Thanks, we really appreciate it."So I showed the boys the guest room, and found Isadora some pajamas for later.

Duncan's P.O.V.

I was sitting in the room with Quigley, who looked like he was going to say something to me, when we were interrupted by a knock at the door. I said "Come in!" and Violet walked in."Can I put another bed or bunk beds in? Then one of you doesn't have to sleep on the floor, or you don't have to sleep together," She said nervously. "I've actually been sleeping on the floor, which is surprisingly comfortable!" What am I saying! I'm acting so weird! "But the closet was way worse." and, I just made it worse.

She got a bunk bed put in, and I called the top bunk so I could block things out, like Quigley. As I lay in my bed it was silence, but I knew my brother was awake. And I knew that he liked Violet too. I quietly said, "Hey Quigley, are you awake?" I heard him shuffle around, then he said, "Yeah. I wonder if we will be able to go to school? Is tomorrow Monday?" Yep, school is what he has his mind set on. "Yes, tomorrow's Monday, now I'm going to sleep."

Violet's P.O.V

As I laid in bed, I asked Isadora "I enrolled you guys in school today, when I was getting food, do you mind?" She responded "No, Unless it's Prufrock, then I will be 'sick' tomorrow." "No, it's not Prufrock, and It's called Eastwood Academy. I enrolled you in Creative Writing, Duncan in Journalism, and there wasn't any cartography class, so I enrolled Quigley in Oceanography." Isadora said "That sounds good, good night!"

Isadora's P.O.V

I entered the room for the elective Creative Writing. It was so...amazing! So many other poems written by the greatest poets in history lined the walls, books like "A light in the attic" and, "Where the Sidewalk Ends" both by Shel Silverstein, were there too! Our first assignment was to write a poem and draw a picture to go with it. I wrote about the crazy things that happened since I had met the Baudelaires. Everyone thought it was fantasy, but they also thought I was a very good poet.

Quigley's P.O.V

As I walked through the halls to the Oceanography room, I thought, "This is it. A class I have always wanted to take," and then I walked through the doors. The walls were covered in maps of the ocean! The teacher came up to me and said, "Your seat is over there, next to Fiona, the girl with triangle glasses.

"Okay." I responded. Our first assignment was with a partner, and we had to make a map showing the tides and landmarks nearby. The teacher said, "You and your partner will need to find a time that works for both of you to work on the project this weekend, okay?" I looked to the girl next to me and said, "Hey, Fiona, want to be partners?" She told me, "Okay, does Saturday work for you?" I responded "Yep! See you then!"

But she stopped me to tell me about the Baudelaires, and a submarine  called "The Queequeg."

Duncan's P.O.V

When I got to school, I started walking to journalism, I looked around the halls and saw lots of people with their large groups of friends, I even saw some boys holding girls' hands, I guessed those kids were dating. I wish I had the courage to ask Violet out.

I got to class and saw the teacher handing out nice notebooks with names printed on them. I went up to get mine, but she said she didn't have one because I was just enrolled. I quietly sat down at a desk with my name on it. I got through the day and found my siblings and the Baudelaires.

Quigley's P.O.V

A few days later...

On Saturday and we were just being lazy all day, and nothing really happened. Isadora suggested we play a game, and said "What about Truth or Dare?" Right after she suggested that, we heard a knock at the door. I went to get it, and Fiona walked in.

We all sat together in a circle. Isadora went first, "Violet, Truth or Dare?" "Dare!" Violet said with confidence. (I love when she does that) "I dare you to kiss Duncan!" What? Surely Violet wouldn't do it! But sure enough, she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. I was furious! So I did something to get back at Isadora.

I slowly turned to Klaus and said, "Klaus, Truth or Dare?" He hesitated and said nervously, "Truth?" So I responded in a serious voice, "What happened on the Queequeg?"