13

It's Stevie's seventeenth week of Pregnancy, she's gone into an essential hiding as she popped not too long ago. It was now evident that she was most definitely pregnant, and she was trying to hide everything from the public. It had gotten to the point where Lindsey was sent to the grocery store, but even with the list he would forget something or get the wrong thing and Stevie would have to send him back. At this point in time, the girls hadn't kicked but they were really healthy and Stevie knew that very soon they would start fighting with each other because they were quickly running out of room.

As for Annabelle, Spring Break was coming late, and she didn't like it. Not one bit. Instead of the usual March, the district decided to move it to Easter. She was getting completely and utterly worn down and she just needed a break.

When she and Lindsey got home, in his new SUV, which he absolutely scoffed at because he never in his life wanted an SUV, and now they were a two SUV family. Stevie was talking on the phone, her hand placed on her stomach. It was a new thing. The babies hadn't kicked yet but she had always had her hand on her stomach. Lindsey walked up to her, kissed her cheek and pressed her palm against her stomach as well.

"Alright mom, we'll see you Friday....I know....I can't wait to see you guys." Stevie says hanging up.

"Lindsey, you should call your mom and see what she's doing for Easter. My parents are coming. Lori, Chris, and Jessie will be here I think it'd be nice for our mothers to see each other again. And we have to tell her about the twins." Stevie smiles.

"I'll call her now." Lindsey takes the phone from her hand.

***

After his call with his mother, who had decided she would definitely be joining them, taking a bus because she couldn't drive that far at her age, Annabelle sat on the deep brown coffee table and stared at her parents.

"What's the matter with you?" Lindsey questions seeing the dopey look on his child's face.

"Graham just texted me..." Annabelle trails off.

"McVie?" Stevie asks readjusting on the couch.

"Yes, McVie. He wants to know if he could take me to dinner and a movie on Friday. But I know that's when Grandma's are coming over." Anna bites her thumbnail just like her mother.

"Honey, you're going," Stevie states going to stand up.

"Mom." Annabelle gapes.

"You're going on a date with that young man. I like him, and he certainly is better than Christian, I mean his mother is the principal so I don't foresee him getting much attention from girls. They're probably intimidated. He likes you. You're going no questions asked. I'll help you pick out an outfit and I'll do your hair and makeup." Stevie smiles.

"Well, I do kind of like him." Annabelle shrugs.

"I told you...what did I tell you?" Lindsey points.

"What did he tell you?" Stevie questions from behind the island.

"The Stevie and Lindsey affect. How you were out of his league and he ended up with you anyway because you gave each other a shot." Annabelle sighs.

"Okay, but he's not out of your league Annabelle. This is going to sound mean, but just know that I am your father and I love you...There are five groups of people in high school, I know this because I've been exposed to it for over twenty years. There are the Music Geeks, the Art Geeks, the Athletes, Cheerleaders, and the ones that fall in the middle. You, my dear, are an Art geek. Graham is a Music, Geek. You both are on the low end of the totem pole. But I'd rather have you dating a Music Geek instead of an Art Geek, because at least with a music geek if things escalate and you end up moving six hours away supporting yourselves won't be a big deal. He can play in bars you can wait tables. I know we did it. And I'd rather you be with Graham than Christian." Lindsey smirks.