Chapter 20

"What do you mean?" I ask fearfully, but a little curious.

How can I possibly help her get Rye back? And what does she even mean with that? I didn't think they broke up. Her smirk grew impossibly bigger.

She stepped closer until her face was right in front of mine. I backed as far as I could into the couch, but I couldn't get away from her. Her eyes bored into mine and a whimper nearly escaped my mouth from the hatred they held.

I tried to look away from her, but she just put her hand on my chin and forced me to look at her. I wasn't exactly the strongest person, so I just had to oblige to it.

I didn't even try to fight, knowing I had already lost. She smiled satisfied when she noticed this and moved her hand up to my hair. She tugged harshly at it, making my head move upwards. She placed her lips at my ear. 

"You and Connor are going to fake date, so Rye will forget you and come back to me" She whispered before letting go of my hair making my head fall downwards.
I chocked on air and looked at her with big eyes.

"What?" I choked out in a whisper.
She sighed loudly and rolled her eyes at me.

"What did you not understand about that, I was pretty straight forward" She said raising her right eyebrow.

"W-what do y-you me-ean about ma-making Rye forget ab-about me?" I stutter out.

A smirk graces her lips again and she bores her gaze into mine yet again.

"Its obvious Rye is just faking his sympathy for you and I want to put him out of his misery by making someone else pretend to care for you. That way Rye can spend his time on someone he actually cares about and likes, someone like me. I kind of feel bad for Connor that has to deal with you though, but since this was basically his idea it's his own fault" She shrugged.

"I like her, she at least tells the truth and doesn't act as she cares for you like everybody else. Get her words inside your head, Rye doesn't like you and he definitely doesn't care about you. He's probably just chilling with the others watching a movie or something right now. He probably hasn't even thought about you. Actually, I'm pretty sure he's happy that they finally got rid of you. They're all probably glad that they don't have to deal with you and finally can drop the act. You could die for all they care"

I can feel my eyes gloss over and tears begging to fall, but I refuse. I don't want to seem even weaker in front of them by beginning to cry.

"Now get up, we have to introduce your boyfriend to the boys. They are going to be so pissed at you for being gone for so long, I can't wait to see their reactions"

She gushes dragging me up by my arm and pushing me in front of her towards the door.

I can see Connor leaning on the wall by the door looking at us, or more specifically me.

His eyes raking my body before he licks his lips and catches my eyes. He winks at me as we pass him and I can still feel his eyes on me as I'm being pushed to the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy stranger day x