Chapter 14

I ended up eating a small burger and drinking a little bit of a milkshake. I really wanted to throw up the whole time, but with the looks Rye gave me I didn't dare.

When I finished my small burger Rye gave me a beaming smile. He looked so proud of me. For what? Did he want me to get fatter?

"I'm so proud of you" He beamed at me.
"Why? Do you want me to get fatter?"
I asked.

He looked at me with a shocked expression.
"What do you mean? You're super skinny. I can literally count all your ribs" He exclaimed.

"Don't listen to him, he's lying to you"

I looked at Rye. It didn't seem like he was lying. He seemed pretty genuine. But the voice has never lied to me, Rye has.

"You're lying" I said uncertain.
"Why would I lie to you? I've never lied to you before" He gently said, looking at me with caring eyes.

"Liar! You lie to me all the time" I raise my voice a little.
He looks at me confused.

"When have I ever lied to you?" He asked me, still with those caring eyes.
I feel myself getting a little bit angry. The voice slowly taking over.

"You lie and say you care. You lie and say you like me. You lie about where you're going. I know you and the other boys sneak out on stuff without me. You lied just now about me being skinny. And I'm never going to forget when you lied about my first boyfriend and told me he was cheating on me, when we both know he didn't. You've lied about so much, so how can I trust you?" I feel myself exploding.

I feel the first tear running down my face. Then the second one until they just keep coming out without me having any control over them anymore.

Rye looks at me shocked, his mouth opening to answer, but then closing right after without saying a word. He seems kind of lost, like there's something he doesn't understand.

"When did I say your boyfriend cheated on you?"