Chapter One

"Daryl" Fable's shouted behind me. "Daryl, wait up!" I slowed my jog and then came to a stop, my bow hitting the small of my back hard and causing the bloody squirrels that were swung over my shoulder to fall to the ground. I glared at them, now covered in mud, but blamed myself for now ruining our only meal for the day. I would have to go huntin again when we got to our destination before dark. Before the monsters came out to play. I turn on the heel of my boots and glance down the gravel road where fable was slowly jogging her way towards me. All it would take was one walker to come up behind her and she would be finished. Even after all the training I had given her she was still a liability. I didn't even care how good she was with a bow.

It took her a minute to finally reach me. Her dark hair pulled into a braid that clung to the side of her head from the sweat on this hot day. Her green eyes hard and daring but at the same time soft and timid as she glared at me. It was in these small moments that I realized how old she was. Her vulnerability and softness made her look tiny and timid, but in the heat of the moment she was a fire ball, bright and intimidating, like any normal fifteen year old.

"You could have waited, you know I can't keep up for that long." She spits out loudly, her breathing heavy. "I'm not like Beth."

My hands clenched into fists. "Shut up!" I shout angrily, "You don't know nothin'"

Her eyes widened and she took a step away from me, her boots scraping the ground below her. The bushes to the right of us rustled, a walker emerging from them, slowly stumbling out towards us. Fresh blood stained its ratted clothes and a chunk of its head was missing. I watched as Fable smoothly unattached the bow hanging across her body, reaching into the quiver and grabbing an arrow before loading it up and taking a stance. She took a deep breath before letting the arrow fly and watching it as it sunk into the walkers head. It fell hard to the ground, and Fable went to go to retrieve her arrow. She walked back to me.

"Your right Daryl, I don't know anything."

FABLE'S POV

I didn't talk to Daryl again until we reached our resting point, a small suburban area with matching houses that all stood next to each other in a perfect row. I used to envy the people who lived in these perfect houses, with their perfect lives. But now as I glanced down the endlessly empty blocks, all it looked like to me was a graveyard.

We took cautious steps inside the gates, our weapons up and loaded. The only sound that echoed around us was the sound of our feet as we walked across the asphalt. Daryl mumbled something under his breath beside me before nudging my shoulder. I watched as he pointed to house a half a block away from us. It was different than the others, the dark brown color standing out in the sea of tan and white.

I nodded and we slowly made our way towards it, our eyes scanning the perimeter around us constantly.

We made it to the door of the house pretty quickly. I lifted my hand and banged on the long window next to the grand door. I grabbed my braid and moved it out of the way before pressing my ear to the door to listen.

I nearly peed my pants when a bang came from the other side.

Daryl grabbed my shoulder and pushed me back before turning the knob and cracking it open an inch. The walker stuck his face in it, and then a knife was in its head. Black blood seeped out of the wound, making me nauseous. Even before the zombie apocalypse I hated seeing the sight of blood.

We waited a few minutes before stepping inside the house, knowing that it was clear. I guess this was our camp for tonight.

Yay...

HEY GUYS! ITS A NEW BOOK! I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!

THIS BOOK IS GOING TO BASICALLY BE A DARYL DIXON FAN-FICTION (TRYING TO CONTAIN MY SMILE)

BUT ANYWAYS I WAS WONDERING IF YOU GUYS WOULD HELP ME PICK OUT A CHARACTER TO PORTRAY FABLE. AT FIRST I WAS GOING TO HAVE LIZZIE PLAY HER BUT THEN ITS LIKE NAHHHH, SO I REALLY NEED YOUR GUYS HELP!

SOO LEAVE A COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OR MESSAGE ME!

AS ALWAYS PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT :)

WITH LOVE,

ANNA <3