Chapter Three

FABLES POV

I quickly pulled on my shirt and grabbed my bow. I had to see what it was. Who it was. I draped my bow over my shoulder, the string crossing over my chest before lifting my leg to step out of the window and onto the roof.

The door opened and Daryl walked in. "I thought you were sleeping" He says, shifting his weight to his left side so that he was leaning against the door frame.

"I had a bad dream." I say, crossing my arms. "I just needed to get some air."

"Okay then." He says before ducking back out the door. I listen as his boots click down the hallway and then the stairs. I take a deep breath. Daryl couldn't know what I was going to do, he hardly let me out of his sight anyways since Beth died. I needed to do this. What is life without taking a few risks?

A stupid one, I could hear Daryl say. One that would get you killed.

But so what? I thought. It was their world now, we're just living in it.

I fixed my bow on my shoulder and crawled through the window, not really thinking about how I was going to be able to get down. I couldn't jump, I would foresure break my legs doing that and at the very least end up with a badly sprained ankle. I could just admit what I was foing to Daryl, and we could go together. But then I noticed the trelis at the far end of the roof. I smiled and slowly made my way towards it, turning myself around when I get there; I dangle in mid air until I'm able to get my foot to rest on a peice of wood heavily covered in vines. When I knew that it was safe enough to climb down, I was able to breath again. I moved my feet slowly until I was close to the ground. Taking a deep breath, I jumped off.

"Ompfh" My breath comes out of me as I land with a thud, my legs giving out and causing me to fall on my butt. After a moment I stand up and dust off my already dirty jeans before jogging over to a bush to hide myself.

My eyes scan the area around me, my vision blurry and still trying to adjust. I was safe. My gaze locked on the house. There was no longer a light coming from a window.

...............................................................

I had my bow loaded and ready when I opened the door, not even bothering to check for any sounds inside. I guess you can say that was my first mistake. He had his gun on me the instant I stepped foot in the door.

"Don't move or I'll shoot!" He shouts, his voice newly deep and shaky. His flashlight shone bright in my eyes, blinding me.

My second mistake was lifting my hand to block it.

The click of the gun was undeniable as he took the safety off and cocked it, ready to shoot.

"Woah dude," I say, my voice thin and hoarse, barely coming out. "I was just blocking the light, don't shoot!"

I heard another click and then the light was off of my face. The gun on the other hand, not so much.

I blinked, trying to clear away the haziness to get a good look at who was standing in front of me.

Lets just say I wasn't expecting a boy about my age to be standing across from me. I haven't seen someone my age since...well...since the world has gone to shit.

His long brown hair stuck to his face from the Georgia humidity, his bright blue eyes practically glowing in the dark. A sheriffs hat sat smugly on top of his head.

I slowly lifted my hands and reached for my arrows that were strung across my back. I watched as his body tensed up but his hand with the gun in it stayed steady, his silencer, that reminded me of a metal baseball bat, looking me straight in the eye.

I unhooked my arrows from my body and and held them, and my bow out before laying them down on the floor in front of me.

A stupid mistake, Daryl's voice said in my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have no idea how much fun I had writing this chapter! Gosh, I have so many feels!

This chapter goes out to @Cherokee_Rose55 who helped me with picking Ellen Page to portray the feisty Fable!

Hope you all enjoy the chapter, I'm gonna try and get another up sometime tonight!

As always vote and comment if you enjoyed!

Thanks for all you do!

Love, Anna <3