"Are you okay?"

I looked down at my now blood-covered hands and the red drops splattered across my white dress. Was I okay?

"We're taking Conner to the pack hospital."

Dyson's voice pulled my eyes away from my body and back toward Conner. Dyson and three other guys lifted him and then without a backwards glance ran into the forest.

"I need to go with them."

I took a step after them, however, Jared's strong grip on my upper arm prevented me from moving any further.

"Jared, I—"

Before I could even finish, he switched his hold from my upper arm onto my hand and pulled me after him. I tried several times to change our direction toward the so-called pack hospital, however, the said werewolf remained utterly silent. In the end I was forced to match his wide steps, until we reached the pack house and then his bedroom.

"Take the dress off."

I stopped in the middle of the room, while he marched over to his wardrobe. It didn't seem real that only a couple of hours ago I had been inside this very room nervous about the upcoming ceremony.

"Put this on."

He threw a dark red shirt and a pair of back sweats at me, but I wasn't quick enough to catch them. They landed in a small heap in front of my feet, while I continued to keep my eyes on Jared.

"I need to—"

"Change out of that dress." He sounded nothing like the mate who had introduced me to his pack as their new Luna.

"But Conner—"

"Dr. Walsh is preparing him for surgery, so there's nothing you can do for him. But you can get the blood off you before it dries onto your skin."

I glanced from my still blood-covered hands to the clothes lying in front of my feet. Before I could reach for them, Jared grabbed my arm and pulled me into the adjoining bathroom.

"I'm not a child. I can do it myself." I tore my hands out of his hold.

Instead of disregarding me like I expected, he wordlessly left the bathroom. I scrubbed my hands until the last drop of blood was gone, and only then returned to the bedroom. Once there I slipped off the ruined dress and pulled on his clothes.

The moment I rolled the sweats high enough for my feet to peek through, Jared returned. He stopped a couple of steps inside the room, while I remained sitting on his bed.

"What in the name of the Moon happened out there?" He stood with his legs planted apart and his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"I..." I opened my mouth, yet no words followed.

"Your mind is a jumbled mess right now, and I can't get anything out of it. So start explaining."

"Don't order me around." Despite the still present spinning inside my head, I refused to allow him to act like this. "And get out of my head."

His eyes denim eyes darkened, but instead of the threatening growl I expected, he only clenched his hands into fists.

"Sorry," he said through gritted teeth. "Now, please explain what the hell happened out there before I lose my shit. Why was the entire road reeking of hunters? And where is your sister?"

At the mention of Aiko my chest tightened. I still couldn't believe it, despite hearing her words with my own ears.

"Aiko..." Even her name tasted bitter on my tongue. "Aiko is..."