Before The Eternal Darkness

Start from the beginning

"Of course not, you shameless pervert almost devoured poor Shen Wei a day ago and right in front of us!" Zhu Hong said.

"Oh, please not this... can we focus back in the plan at hand?" Shen asked, even more embarrassed than Wang. Da Qing laughed.

"He is so red..." Qing teased.

"And cute too..." Zhu added.

"Be careful with compliments, Yunlan is the jealous type..." Da Qing whisper under his breath.

"You are right, I take it back." Zhu whisper with a smile.

"Idiots, I can see this quest failing in so many ways." Chu added.

"Ha! Like you are one to talk big. I have not fail to see the way you look at little Guo..." Zhu added more wood to the flame. Guo look surprised as he too flushed red.

"Nonsense! It's you who had been eyeing the wind playboy." Chu refuted, then Zhu blushed.

"Wait, what? Don't include me in this mess! Isn't it Qing who is eyeing her?" Lin protested.

"Oh, come on, I don't want to get poison." Da Qing refuted back, yet he didn't dare look at Zhu and Zhao finally sighed.

"Enough! There is no shame in loving someone not matter the birth place. I can tell you right now, as someone who have the sight, that by the end of this journey, nothing will be the same for the Clans and that Wang, Sang, Shen Wei and myself, will not be the only ones crossing the forbidden line of the Clans, so don't kid yourselves, I will always know better." Yunlan said, looking at Chu, which avoided his gaze, which in turn make Guo flush even harder. Nevertheless, the discussion ended instantly.

"To answer the question, Shen Wei's fire magic can be used in a way that he can illuminate the caves like a small sun, chasing away the darkness, but that's not the reason I didn't give him one. His power is ten times stronger than most fire users, thus he don't really need one with him, because he can call forward a destruction greater than that of the stones." 

"He is right, my Lord is very powerful..." Wang said, quite proud of him.

"That he is... Once inside the caves, we stick together, use all your senses, not just the sight. The bats had a confusion magic, generate by sound waves. If your instinct tell you that something is wrong, then don't ignore it, because there is a high chance its true." Zhao told them.

"I think I was giving a potion to fight illusions..." Wang added as she look inside her bag.

"I guess Lord Tao did knew what was coming." Da Qing said.

"He is the Oracle, what did you expect?" Chu said, but the young Earth Prince ignore it and so most of the night was spent in preparation for the coming challenge. 

After a few hours of meditation, Shen Wei stood to look at the water. His thoughts wondering back to his brother and how well or bad he could be doing, but he didn't dare to use their link again. He closed his eyes and inhale the fresh air. Then, he felt two arms wrap around his waist.

"Are you worry about your Didi?" Zhao asked and Shen Wei sighed.

"Yes and no. I know Ye Zun can meet father's expectation, but this is not the safest time to be in charge." Zhao hugged him tighter.

"He is going to do fine, trust me Shen Wei... he is far better than we will soon enough." Yunlan kissed his neck, which send a river of pleasure all around his body.

"Yunlan..." Shen Wei murmur.

"Stay always close to me, my Wei. One scare is more than enough for a lifetime..." Shen turned in Yunlan's arms.