Chapter 7

"Well, that was a nice way to nearly kill yourself," A deep, raspy voice meowed. Spottedheart's eyes fluttered open. She could see no colors.. Just tones of black, gray, and white.

     She got up. She winced, as pain raked her whole body. She shook slightly, but ignored the pain, cringing. The shadowy cat revealed himself. "You again," Spottedheart growled as she licked her chest fur. 

    "So, you met, Wildflower, another visitor of mine." The cat smiled. Spottedheart locked gazes with him. "You talk to other cats..?" The cat nodded. "Three others. You, by far, have the worst attitude," he meowed as he licked his paw. 

    Spottedheart hissed. "You try being stalked by some random cat! I don't even know your name!" She spat. Her claws slid out and she was ready to attack him. He looked at her and snorted. "My name is Midnight, and I'm not stalking you." He hissed back. 

    Midnight sighed. "Remember, when I said I was going to show you a bit of your past?" He growled. Spottedheart froze. "Yes." She whispered. "Come on, I'll show you." Midnight meowed and began to walk through the forest. 

    The forest slowly regained its colors, only they were slightly faded. It appeared to be about moon-high. Midnight stopped and sat down behind a low-lying bracken bush. Confused, Spottedheart approached Midnight, and sat down next to him.

     Movement caused her to look to her side. 

    Spottedheart's eyes rested on a young, red-speckled she-cat. Redheart..?

   Redheart, and a orange she-cat sat in the forest, alone. "Redheart, the SilverClaw is destiny, I cannot stop this!" She meowed, giving Redheart's forehead a soft lick. Redheart began to cry. "I can't do this! The thought of fighting my own kin scares me!" She cried out.

        The orange cat wrapped her tail around her. "You can't find a way out of this, Redheart. It will hurt, but you need to do it." Her whiskers twitched, as she saw Redheart turn away. "Why should I fight my littermates? I can't do it!" 

    Spottedheart felt scared. "What is going on?" she looked over at where Midnight was sitting, quietly. The cat had disappeared.

     "I can't do it!" Redheart snarled at the orange cat. The orange she-cat softly blinked. "You have to, for your future."

  "If you want to survive, you have to try."