~ Fifth Chapter ~

Start from the beginning

"She was one. It's normal..." added Leah, and looked at the kitten in her bag briefly.

She slept quietly, and here and there she pushed his paw in sleep. She gently smiled at Servamp. She turned to Mahiru.

"If I decide to become Eve, what would I have to do?" Leah asked.

Mahir winced at her and blinked several times.

"Well, you would have a partner in the fight if someone attacked us, you could cooperate with the rest, only that you would have to give your blood to her to drink if you wanted to fight."

Leah nodded thoughtfully. What to do? Is she willing to put her life in danger of her? But did not Mahiru say Servamps protect their masters? She sighed and pushed these thoughts away. The city was now dark. She turned to Mahiru again.

"What about other Servamps?"

"Uh, let's see... There is a Jeja, or Doubt Doubt, Servamp of Envy. Frankly, he is a bit scary." smiled Mahiru. "Then we have to Hyde, or Lawless, Servamp of Greed. A lot has happened with him, when he starts talking he would never stop. But..." he paused. "I can only say that he's a very good Servamp now."

Leah smiled gently. Mahiru raised his fingers and started counting Servamps.

"Next, we have The Mother of Wrath, which is Servamp of Wrath. I don't know, but I think she has no Eve or name. After her we have a World End which is a Servamp of Gluttony, and I do not know if he has Eve. "

"And who is the last?" Leah asked.

"Tsubaki, or Who is Coming, who is Servamp of Melancholy. At first we had little disagreements with him, but now we agree with him." said Mahiru and scratched the back of the neck.

"Sounds..." she paused. "Interesting."

"Seriously?" asked Mahiru. "Sounds frightening to me..."

"Well, a little... However, it is interesting all that. Otherwise, my life revolves around school and jobs at home." she grinned.

"Oh, well, if you become Eve, it will rotate around the world of vampires." Mahiru said and sighed. "But I am not complaining. Not once have I regretted it."

Leah looked shocked at him. Not once? He never regretted having put his life in danger? She turned her gaze to the floor. Mahiru told her that every Eve had some reason for taking Servamp. What is her reason? Mahiru wanted to protect his friends... What could be her reason? What he wants and expects from Servamp?

The scream suddenly erupted down the street. Kuro lifted his head together with Taiga, who jumped out of her bag. Leah looked frightened at Mahiru. He returned her gaze. On his face, she saw determination and temper. Somehow it calmed Leah down.

"Let's go!" exclaimed Mahiru to which she nodded.

They followed him by a group of people. Everyone was running away from something. When they finally fought with the people, they found eyes in the eyes with two men. They had broad shoulders, and their hands were buff like they every day spend in the gym. One was holding the body of a girl from which dripped blood.

"Oh, we got fun!" exclaimed higher with black hair.

Blond next to him just grinned and dropped the dead body. They looked at something behind Mahiru's and Leah's backs. Two shadows stood in front of them two.

"Get behind me." said Taiga quietly, pushing Leah with her hand behind her.

She was lower than Leah, but her body nevertheless seemed like a strong shield. Maybe because she was a vampire. But somehow it seemed that Leah felt safer.