lets make a group chat

chapter one
lets make a group chat!
☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

It was 5 o'clock on a gloomy sunday, the streets of Paris were deserted. The sky had just calmed down after hours of pouring rain. Malia and Katya were sitting in their usual spot at their favorite coffee shop.

Katya took a sip of her caramel macchiato, "Mattia told me she already has the final list of those who volunteered to help us prepare for prom." She said, her other hand on her coffee and the other on her phone. Malia sighed at the thought of prom. Being student body president was hard, but being a student was also harder.

"Not only are we stressing about prom, graduation is also fast approaching."

It had been years since the last time Rosenhill Academy had a promenade. The batch who ended prom did things that was, for the school principal, unforgivable. With the efforts of Malia, the student body president, and her fellow officers, they found the guts to push forward the prom and ask their principal for his blessing.

Katya, Malia's best friend, took the effort to post fliers about the "Prom Committee" and well, there were a lot of volunteers. Even though they needed a lot of help, they were only required a maximum of 10 people for the team.

Lia groaned, "I know."

"Girls!" Screamed a voice behind Malia, making her head turn. "Oh my gosh, party at my house tonight!" A lazy smirk was playing on Mattia's lips as she pulled a chair out to sit with the two other girls.

"Don't you have a make-up quiz tomorrow for World History?" Katya questioned. "And what are you celebrating?"

Mattia just shrugged, "Like that hasn't stopped me before, and you don't need to celebrate anything to have a party! Live a little, you two." 

Katya lived a little, that was for sure. She's the happy go lucky type and that didn't stop her from trying to balance both her studies and going out with friends. As for Malia, it was a constant battle between planning to go out or just end up doing what was required of her in advance.

In Rosenhill, only the best of the best were able to attend—and also, if you're from a rich-ass family then why not.

"So, party tonight?" Mattia asked again, earning a nod from both Katya and Malia. "Invite the prom committee girls too, since literally only our friends applied, that would be fun."

"I'm gonna make the group chat," Katya squealed, jumping up from her seat in excitement. "Like, right now!" 

Before Kath could continue, Malia stopped her. "Let me chat first okay?"

Katya smiled as she scrolled through her phone to find the app and typed endlessly as she started creating the committee's group chat.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

Katya Valles added Malia Wong, Mattia Romano, Nikola Copeland, Nina Hernandez, Maria Christensen, Aash Carillo and Camila Kealoha to the group chat

Malia
Meeting this Friday at the Finster building, room 302 at exactly
4 PM, don't be late!

Katya
HI GUYSSS
lia stop being scary
THANK YOU FOR JOINING
THE PROM COMMITTEE
OMG YOU WILL NOT REGRET

ALSO IM KATYA!!

Niko
everyone knows who you are Kara
shut up