Presentation

Requested by 00luckylightning00

Summary; Peter has a presentation but manages to f*** it up and everything goes wrong.

Includes nothing but swearing.

Peter let out a heavy breath, standing exhaustedly up from his seat. The bell's ringing was a bit too loud, piercing through his ears, though Peter was too relieved to care. The day was over. Sure, he had close to a hundred assignments waiting for him, but no more school.

Happy drove him home, as usual, Peter talking his ears off the entire way. Despite not at all showing, it was the highlight of the chauffeur's day.

Right as Peter slopped down on his bed of exhaustion, after finishing two hours worth of homework, the door was opened in a drastic hurry.

"Pete, there's been a nuclear accident in Japan, we gotta go, now!" Steve said quickly.

Peter let out a groan. "Japan? That's far away . . . can't I just lie here for a bit? We'll still have lots of time to evacuate. . ." he murmured, stopping when Steve chuckled lightly.

"Kid, we're not evacuating, we're going there to help," he said. "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

Peter sighed and shook his head. "No, I'm coming," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Get your suit on, meet us by the jet in—" Steve paused to glance at his watch. "—thirty seconds."

He spurted off, probably going to alert any others who hadn't heard the initial alarm. Tiredly, Peter stood up and grabbed his suit that was hanging neatly on his bedside, starting towards the quinjet landing pad.

"You sure this was a good idea?" Tony asked, lightly prodding the probably unconscious spiderling in the forearm. "You don't usually hang unresponsive from the ceiling . . ."

"What, no, I'm fine!" Peter said as he shook awake, letting out a cough as he dropped down and stood normally. "Just, tired, that's all."

Tony raised a concerned eyebrow. "Did Spangles not tell you that you didn't have to come? We could've managed it."

Peter yawned. "Yeah, he did tell me that," he muttered. "But then I remembered how helpless you guys are without me."

Tony scoffed. "Heroic as you are, you've still got school tomorrow. Now go to bed."

Peter sniffled. "Finally," he mumbled, beginning to walk in the completely wrong direction out of the jet.

Before he could get too far, Tony grabbed him by the shoulder. "That way," he corrected, rotating him facing the actual compound.

Peter ahhed and smiled sloppily at Tony. "Thanks, dad," he slurred, continuing his walk towards his long-awaited bed.

»»————-  ————-««

"Whatever you do, do not let Peter go to school," Tony told his A.I, taking a sip of his newly-brewed coffee. "He didn't sleep until four am last night."

"I'm afraid Mr. Parker has already left," FRIDAY said.

Tony's face dropped and he slammed his coffee cup into the kitchen counter with disappointment. "What time did he leave?"

"He left at his usual time, 7 am, driven by Happy Hogan."

Tony furrowed his eyebrows. "What time is it now?"

"10 am, sir."

Tony huffed in annoyance; he overslept. "Where is everyone, then? 10 am is usually prank time here. When was the last time Sam and Buck weren't fighting at this hour?"