Missing The Bus

A/N: So I decided that I'm going to try to write in the point of view of the unknown stalker and as Shayla. Please vote if you like it, and comment even if you don't.

(Shayla's POV)

Cool air whipped at my face as my hair flew around wildly blocking my line of vision as I ran towards the bus stop. My best friend, Rita, was close behind, struggling to keep up with her short legs. We were late for the bus. 

Again.

I should have known better.

 Rita was always making us late. Yesterday she told me that I didn't have to wake her up this morning. That even though her alarm clock was broken, she would set her phone alarm, she promised.

 Too bad she forgot to turn the sound on. 

I had woken up early so that I could get to her house ten minutes early just to make sure she was awake. Well she wasn't — then she had the mind to yell at me for ringing the doorbell too many times and waking her up. By that time it was 6:40, and we needed to be at the bus stop by 6:50 or we would be walking to school. Which would be dangerous, long, and sweaty. Well you see, we live in Pennsylvania, and from our neighborhood to our school were many hills and lots farmland. I'm sure anyone would hate to be forced to walk across acres of farmland while the sun was starting to rise. Personally I probably just wouldn't go to school, which would be hard since I've never missed a day of school — not even when I was ill. 

By 6:48 Rita was sloppily dressed. Although she might have had time to comb her hair a little more if she wasn't complaining about not getting to eat breakfast. She refused to stop complaining, no matter how many times I reminded her that school served breakfast.

Now as I was talking about before, we are presently running to the bus stop that's about a block and a half away. Even though I knew we wouldn't make it, it was the shred of hope made consider the idea that the bus may be a few minutes late, that kept me running. 

Not surprisingly, I was lead on by false hope. When we finally got to the bus stop all the kids were gone. Then looking out towards the horizon I could see the bus making a right turn out of the neighborhood entrance, driving off into the rising sun. I sighed, any other person would be furious and yelling at Rita right now, but luckily for her sake I was more of a calm person that rarely raised their voice. I partly blamed my self for not getting to her house sooner or maybe just leaving without her when I saw she wasn't ready. Unlike me, she didn't have and didn't care about a perfect attendance, not that I really cared about my attendance. I just couldn't ignore the fact that 12 years of perfect attendance: through Pre-K, Kindergarten, Elementary, Intermediate, Middle, and now High school were now going to waste.

''Unbelievable. I can't believe we just missed the bus, my Mom is going to be pissed.'' I exclaimed, thinking out loud while turning around walking to my house. Rita followed me quietly, she knew just like I did that parents get an email and phone call when you miss a day of school.

''Tell her it my was my fault, everyone misses the bus at least once in their life.'' She offered. '' You can hang out at my house until she gets home.'' She added hopefully. My Mom didn't approve of me and Rita being alone, every since the accident at her house. I couldn't blame her though, I still don't know if I've completely forgiven Rita for that night. Rita could be immature and unreasonable, even if I did blame her for missing the bus it wouldn't matter. My Mom would still blame me and if she found out I was at Rita house without her permission... I don't even want to think about the consequences.

''No I don't think that's a good idea'' I regretfully answered back. After seeing the hurt on her face I quickly added,

''I would love to come over, its just— '' I cut off short. I didn't know how to make ''My mom doesn't trust you'' sound any nicer. From the look on Rita's face she knew what I was about to say.

We walked back to our houses in awkward silence. Then suddenly I noticed a car slowly creeping up behind us, but I wasn't worried, we lived in a friendly and well respected neighborhood. I ignored the car, but Rita like any other normal person, looked backed to see who it was.

''Oh Hey! I know him, he's in my photo-shop class. He never talks though, I would have never guessed  he lived in this neighborhood.'' She blabbered on while waving to him. I looked back at the red well-kept Altima Sedan, she was right I had seen him around school before too ; he was picked on constantly and never stuck up for himself. But another thing I was sure of was that I'd never seen him in the neighborhood before. 

The boy either ignored Rita's wave or just didn't see it because he was too busy staring at me through the windshield. I have to be honest, I didn't like the way he was looking at me, and of course Rita had to make a comment about it.

''Okay, so he ignores my wave but won't quit staring at you?'' She questioned sounding annoyed, she was a bit of an attention snob.

''So! it doesn't matter.'' I said quickly and defensively. I was trying to get away from the car that had suddenly stopped right beside us, but of course I had to stop walking because Rita stopped walking. I stared straight ahead as the passenger side window rolled down.

''Do you need a ride to school?'' The boy asked in a deep, nervous, voice that surprised both of us. From his tall, thin, and un-muscular form, I don't think that anyone could guess that his voice would be so manly. I was ready to decline his offer but Rita was already answering,

''Yes! We really do! Thank god you came along.'' She said excitedly to him, then more quietly to me, ''This is great Shayla, now your mom won't be mad!''

I shot her a glare and keeping my voice low said: ''Rita is this really a good idea, I don't know him and neither do you!''

''So!'' She half whispered back. ''We need a ride to school and what harm could he do! Stop worrying and get in the damn car.'' With that she stiffly open the backdoor and began to get in.

 I couldn't believe my eyes, did she not know the dangers of getting in the car with a stranger? She scooted behind the driver seat to make room for me. They both stared at me, waiting for me to join them. His stare made my skin crawl — no one had ever looked at me so intensely before. However,  I knew that I couldn't just leave Rita alone with this mysterious stranger.

 I took a deep breath and entered the back seat of the car.