┃ᴅᴇᴇᴅs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs.

Start from the beginning

     "yet it proved to be quite unsuccessful," a honeyed voice abruptly whispered in his ears, sickeningly sweet like the purest sugar. "because why, oh why, should you risk the life of your little princess?"

     whipping his head around in a foolish attempt to identify the source of the unknown voice, the demon watched as the harsh lighting of the store was soon invaded by a sea of darkness; a suffocating black engulfing everything around him before sucking him into it's overwhelming grasp.

     "when you could simply sacrifice the numerous others whose significance to you can't even compare to the tiniest ounce of love and care you cherish all for him?"

     every word that pierced through his ears slowly closed in on him- until he could do nothing more than wallow in the anger he struggled to direct towards a voice he didn't even know the owner of.

     "i know you're angry, minho," it seemed to sympathise, using his name as a method of coaxing him; a poison coated blade that had been dragged across his throat to restrict him from speaking up. "but do you not remember what hyunjin told you? i've given you a choice."

     trapped in a frozen state whilst he drank in all of his empty surroundings, minho's eyes darted around frantically as he tried to comprehend where he was. there was nothing in his sight that could dictate where he'd been transported to, so the demon was soon flooded by a surge of panic that streamed into his body and sent his cells quivering in an undeniable frenzy of fear. 

     "either you follow me," it drawled lazily, somehow mocking him with a tone that was unbelievably at ease. "or let your precious angel burn in the fires you've created for yourself."

     in an attempt to wrench himself free from the chains of every word trying to weigh him down, minho staggered forwards into the darkness as he frantically gasped for air. he stopped in his tracks once he saw a harsh white flame flicker in the distance, momentarily illuminating it's surroundings with the tiniest beam of light before falling captive to the preying hands of darkness once more.

     soon it was followed by numerous others, looming over minho as the tips of the flames rose high into the sea of darkness. they stood boldly in line as if waiting for a command; two columns of fire that trapped the demon in the centre as tendrils of smoke seized his lungs, slithering its way through every crevice of his muscles like snakes of raw ashes.

     at the end of the line did a particularly larger flame erupt from the surface, sprouting madly like a wildfire infesting the expanse of the horizon. not long after did it evaporate into nothing but smoke which revealed a tall slender woman where it once stood, clad in a creamy white dress that flowed down her curves like a waterfall of purity.

     her features were nothing short of angelic; doe-like eyes shimmering with innocence, plump cherry lips framing ivory teeth, and a gentle smile that captured the heart of the demon who gazed upon the beautiful creature with such admiration and awe.

"hello, darling."

     it was the same voice that had been restlessly mocking him in the darkness, engraved deep into the remnants of his black heart. except it was softer, gentle like the kiss of a dandelion dancing through the wind, for its sole intention was nothing more than to lure him in with its faux charms.

     realising this, minho forced himself to inspect her closely with narrowed eyes; gaze bleeding distrust and injecting cruelty into her elegant demeanour. yet she remained unfazed, instead choosing to approach the demon with a regal stance which caused the walls of flames on either side to flicker from intimidation.