Chapter 3| Pops Choclit Shoppe

FP opened the car door for you and you clambered in. "Thanks." He sits next to you and puts the gear into shift, then turns on the radio. A songs plays on the radio, Bad Guy, by Billie Eylish. You breathe in, chest rising as you do so, FP notices. "What's the matter doll? Nervous?" He smirks while saying it, you feel blood rushing to your cheeks. "Oh FP, I'm never nervous." You give him a small wink and he looks you up and down once again. The car ride only lasted minutes but it felt like hours as the tension consumed you both. The question is though is it sexual tension?

The car pulled up to something called Pops Choclit Shoppe. It looked like a diner but smaller. There was a smell of maple bacon and coffee wafting through the air. You get out the car, "This doesn't look like groceries FP." "That's because it's not, Riot" he says walking through the doors. He walks over to a booth and gestures for you to sit down. You sit down slightly confused, FP places a menu in your hand. "I only brought money for grocer-" "I'm paying.. See it as a welcome to Riverdale gift." He smiles at you, it's a genuine smile and different from the sarcastic smirks. You blush and look down at the menu. Maple bacon pancakes... You hadn't had them in ages, and decided on ordering them along with a coffee. "You ready to order, doll?" You nod and a waiter walks over and takes your order.

"So, what's your story?" FP asks. Blunt. "You don't beat about the bush do you?" You chuckle. "I prefer diving head in on people's lives doll" He smirks. You raise an eyebrow. You explain your father leaving and mother dying, your foster homes (leaving out the dark secrets), your runaway life and now. FP was silent, he looked into your eyes expecting them to be glassed over with tears, instead he found cold, unfazed, grey eyes that intrigued him. An old man wearing in an apron came over with a tray of food. He places down your order as well as FP's. "You new in town kid?" The man asked. "Yeah, moved in last night" his name badge read Pop Tate. So he owns this place. "I hope to see you here again" he said before wandering back to the register.

FP was looking at you intently now, you decided to do something about it. "So FP, care to explain you staring at my bedroom last night?" He choked on his coffee in disbelief. I guess he thought I wouldn't mention it. "I..err, was closing my curtains doll" he stuttered with a hint of red hitting his cheeks. Haha, i made him nervous, let's see how far I can stretch this. "See anything you liked?" He raised his brows, "Perhaps..." You shook your head and smirked, taking a bite of your food. The maple bacon is amaz- what the?... FP has put his hand on your leg...

It was done discreetly and pg-13. His fingertips just grazing the bottom of your knee and thigh. You breathed in and gave him a stern look, he carried on drinking his coffee with a smirk under the cup. Two can play at this game. You threw your hair over your shoulder and pretended you weren't bothered. He thinks he's won.

You sit forward forcing his hand off and leaving him hanging, literally, you then push your elbows together which brings your cleavage together. 5,4,3,2,1. FP notices and coughs on his coffee. He looks around and bites his lip. He whispers only loud enough for you to hear "What are you playing at Riot?" You wink and whisper, "Just getting even FP" He sighs "You busy tonight doll?" "No, I was just gonna walk around." He leaned forward, "Meet me outside my trailer at 9." He drank the rest of his coffee, paid the bill, winked and left Pops. I wonder where we're going?