I shrug.

"Okay," he says shortly before looking back at his paper.

I leave and make my way to the dining table which Mr. Medero is setting up.

It's not long before everyone is sat at the stable eating, all except Leo.

"If that boy does not—" Mrs. Medero starts but Leo walks into the room.

He's wearing a shirt I'm assuming he paints in because it's covered in old paint and stuff. He's got charcoal all over his hands but doesn't care. He sits down next to his mom and across from me. I watch Mrs. Medero tense up when he sets his hand down on the white table cloth.

"You're a mess," she says. "Good god Kaleo, you need a haircut."

He ignores her and starts to eat.

Back to the miserable Leo I knew not all too long ago.

"So, how was everyone's day?" Mrs. Medero asks.

"I had volleyball tryouts. I definitely made it but Talia didn't. She basically face planted into the net trying to volley the ball."

"That's good. It won't interfere with Tennis right?"

"No. The schools team is really good anyway. It'll be good on resumes."

"What about you Andrew? Any sports?"

"Yeah my dad has me doing a horse competition next week."

"Oh really? Maybe we will come out to watch."

"Well, I'm going," Keanu says.

"And what about baseball? Do you think you'll rejoin the team this year? Angelina was telling me you and Aleks are the backbones to the game and they suffered last year."

"I'm not sure yet. I think I will though."

"And Leo... what did you do at school?" She asks attempting to have her son be apart of the conversation.

"Threaten a kid for jamming my friends weed."

Mrs. Medero sighs.

"Jamming? What is that lingo?" Mr. Medero asks. Neither parent bothers to punish the kid.

"Stealing," Keanu says without looking up.

"Leo..." Mrs. Medero starts.

"Han, don't bother right now," Mr. Medero says. Silence follows.

"So... you guys going to hang out with Andrews parents anytime soon?" Keanu asks.

"Not sure. We might have plans this weekend to go on the boat before it gets too cold out."

"Okay."

Silence follows again. The rest of dinner continues like this, someone starting conversation but it ending quickly. Later, Mr. Medero goes to his office and Mrs. Medero leaves to go somewhere.

I'm on Keanu's bed next to her. She plays with the bottom of my shirt.

"There is people home, no."

"Barely. Dad is in his office on the other side of the house and Leo is in the garage if he's even home."

She slides down my pants only in the slightest when she pauses. I knew eventually I'd have to tell her but I am so not in the mood to deal with an angry Keanu.

"Um... what's this?" She pokes the tattoo. "Leo. Is this his writing? Oh my god it is."
She stands up. "He has his name fucking tattooed on you! What the hell did you do this summer."

I run my fingers through my hair. "I- I don't know I was drunk. We all were."

She glares at me. "Did he get one? What did he get?" I don't answer. "Get up."

I stand up, fixing my pants before she grabs my shirt and drags me downstairs to the garage. She barges in and Leo's head immediately snaps up. He looks at the angry girl then to me then back to her.

"You let him get a fucking tattoo?" She snaps. He smiles a bit. A deviant smile.

"Jealous? Think he'll let you sign him next?" He smirks at her and kicks his feet up on his desk. She groans.

"You immature prick. See Andrew, this is why I don't like you around Leo. Like, that's permanent. And it's even a very questionable place for... whatever but I can't believe you!"

"Oh," Leo says popping up. "And the best part is..." He shows his tattoo. "We're matching."

Her jaw drops. "Great. Now your name is on him too. Wow okay. if I tell parents, you two will literally never be aloud in the same room again."

"And how did you find that tattoo Keanu? You snake and I bring you down with me. Mom doesn't even care what the hell I do anyway."

"Stop smiling. You're a brat," she says to her brother. "What? Are your proud of your stupidity?"

"I like tattoos. Stupid or not, it's a memory."

"Sappy. You couldn't give a shit."

"It's like the scene from Cars. The one where Mator is a spy and they try to fix his dents but he says no because they're all memories." I chuckle a bit a Leo.

"You have got to be kidding me. How could I be related to someone like you. You're comparing a kids movie to someone signing you."

Leo shrugs.

"And you," she turns to me. "That one I don't care what he does, but I'm sick of being your mom."

I'm sick of you acting like my mom, what's your point?

"Like, you're so sweet and nice but around Leo you become an immature prick."

"You done parenting your boyfriend now? Cause you could do that somewhere else where you're not annoying me," Leo says.

"I will get you back for this," she grunts at him. She's clearly angry.

"What're you going to do? Tattoo my forehead? Please do, I kinda want to."

"Let's go Andrew," Keanu says dragging me out of the garage. I would much rather be with Leo right now.