THE BAD BEGINNING: part 2

The Baudelaires were having the worst time of their lives since they crossed that door, many people said that first impressions are often wrong, but the children's impressions about Olaf and the house weren't. They were forced to do horrible chores, they only had a small room in the attic where Count Olaf had just provided one bed for the 4 of them and he literally stated that he was going to take their fortune for himself. He everyday left a list of to-dos for the day, and today he asked to prepare dinner for him and his troupe of actors, "they are 5" he wrote down and left a greasy and small bag of money.

"We have to prepare dinner for 10 people?" Klaus asked worried.

"We don't even know how to cook!" Camille added.

"Don't worry, I have an idea." Violet said with an expression that you cannot tell if she was excited to execute her idea or just worried because she nor her siblings had never cooked in their lives. "What if we go to Justice Strauss and ask her for help, she's a judge so she may have a library and yesterday she said that if we needed help we could go and ask her" she finished.

"That actually is a great idea Violet!" The twins said in unison.

"Hulla!" Sunny shrieked, which probably meant "my sister is so smart!"

The Baudelaires walked to Justice Strauss's house, where she helped them by showing them her library and opening it to them at any time.

Violet, Klaus and Camille checked some recipes on a couple of cook books while Sunny helped Justice Strauss in the garden, after a while they decided to prepare Puttanesca sauce, which was easy but seemed tasty. They went to the city market accompanied by Justice Strauss and then make it home to start preparing dinner. Unluckily as often the Baudelaire's lives were Count Olaf and his troupe of lousy actors entered the kitchen which scared the youngsters given that the food wasn't ready yet.

"Where's the food, orphans?" He shouted swinging the door wide open with his troupe following closely. "It's almost done" Violet said calmly worried.

"Good, because I'm very very hungry!" He maliciously, which gave Sunny shivers. After this statement he ordered them to watch his act, reciting a song named "It's The Count", talking about him getting his hands on the Baudelaire fortune. Then they made their way out while the children finished supper.

***

It was all served when Count Olaf said, "What's this?" With a confused but mad expression.

"I-It's Puttanesca Sauce" Violet answered nervously.

"I can see that. So where is the roast beef?" Olaf snapped at her.

" You didn't tell us you wanted roast beef" Klaus snapped back. It is clear that Count Olaf was completely mad nowadays his eyes were more scarily shiny than before. He stood up and made his way to Klaus' face.

"Why are you so ungrateful little orphan, can't you see everything I've given you" he said with malevolent smirk as he was going to do something terrible but was happy about it as the awful man he is.

"All that you've given us?" Klaus was in a rage and he completely lost it. " You mean the only bed you provided for the four of us, or the used toothbrushes, or the chores you made us do everyday? Is that what you mean or you mean that what you only talk about is stealing our fortune and you continue to call us orph..." Klaus was interrupted when Olaf struck him by the face.

The count then said "You're an insolent and you would not talk that way to your father, this way you'll learn" his troupe applauded and shout about his actions, as what he did was an amazing thing.