Chapter 16 - A birthday to remember Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

The rain stopped after a while and since then, you already had to spend hours together with Erwin in the city, shopping. Even the clouds had moved away to let the sunshine in, giving Erwin the most precious and warm birthday wishes. You never thought that there's a man existing that loves to go shopping! You can't remember the last time you had so much fun during shopping. Erwin dragged you in some stores which you would've never visited on your own and he made you try on some clothes he chooses for you. Especially skirts and dresses. You feel very uncomfortable in dresses but Erwin insisted you to wear them anyways and giving you praises and encouraging words whenever you showed up in a piece he'd picked for you. Fighting against him was useless. And why not? You were just trying them on, no big deal. But when you tried a dark-blue dress with subtle, floral embroidery on the sleeves, he seemed to be very pleased with the view. And without even asking you, he bought it. You complained immediately, but he shushed you by putting his pointer- and middle finger on your lips.

"It's my birthday, remember? I can do what I want!" was his excuse.

You puff your cheeks and pout while you feel your face flushing in different shades of red again. You don't like it when other people buy things for you. It's strange for a woman not to like it, but you're used to doing everything on your own and to earn everything you want. That's just the way you know it. But Erwin bought that dress by ignoring all of your complaints. And after a few moments of sighing and silence, you thanked him for the precious gift. He smiles again and continues to drag you further through the city. After taking a short break in a nearby coffee-shop, he finally asks if you shall return back home. By taking a look at the time on your phone, you consider that it's 6 pm already. Your feet hurt like hell and the shopping bags are almost too heavy to carry them any further through the city. So you agree to him and head back to the penthouse. When you arrive, you both put your full shopping bags to the side first. Erwin goes straight to the kitchen, putting on a black apron before he asks you what you want for dinner.

"Stop it! It's your birthday. At least, let me help you!" You blurted before you rush by his side. He doesn't complain about your objection and welcomed you in his dominion with open arms. And together, you start to prepare dinner. The kitchen was filled with lots of laughter and stupid jokes the whole time. You threw potato skins at each other and even started a towel-fight. You were so into the fight, that the food almost burned on the stove. Luckily, your reflexes are pretty good and you saved the food just in time. Erwin bowed before you in played, overdramatic obedience as he praises your great sense of vigilance, while he calls himself unworthy of your presence and that he deserves to be thrown into prison for his ignorance. And like the gentle and generous ruler you are, you forgave him his mistake and allowed to rise on his feet again. That was the point when you two burst into laughter again, holding on each other's shoulders for support while you run out of breath.

After the dinner was safe and eaten, you put some of it aside for Levi in the oven before you take your seat on the couch to turn on the TV. It wouldn't have been a problem to bring your gaming console from home, but Erwin and Levi bought a PlayStation 4 just for you to feel more comfortable in their home. You're so thankful about this that you don't know how to repay this big favor. But they said that it's more than okay, for it seems Erwin is getting into the gaming more and more as well, even on another level. You're a lover of roleplaying and action games, like Dragon Age, God of War, The Witcher, Tomb Raider and such, while Erwin is more a supporter of strategy and war games like Halo, Fallout, and Call of Duty. Not a big surprise though, since he was a former commander in the military and it's probably an easy task for him to figure out ways to win a fight in such games. Recently, you're spending more time here with your two men instead of your own home. But you feel very comfortable here in the big penthouse with Levi and Erwin in it. Levi is your lover and boyfriend and you want to spend as much time as possible with him, while Erwin is your bestie by now, with whom you can joke and fool around like a little child. While you're about to start the new game Erwin bought for you today, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Erwin sits down behind you on his desk to work on his papers. You asked him once what he's doing and he explained that he has to write invoices and reminders to his clients. And from time to time he answered a mail from the army in which he used to serve. Even if he's out for quite a long time by now, his former comrades and superiors are considering his advice on many questions, which makes him proud in some way. He said he loves the feeling of being needed.