~~

Gaku could not take his mind off Kujou Riku whom he had met two days ago. He has not told Tenn about the coincidental meeting. It was just too sad. Tenn would be horrified to see his brother acting mindlessly like a robot...

During the practice break, Gaku decided to make his way to his old man's office. The leader remembered Riku said he was performing on stage 'as told'. He could not bear it. People should be able to sing freely from the heart! Gaku barged into the office. This is for his sake, and Tenn's.

Sousuke gave his son an annoyed look. "Old man, is there any way you can shut down Kujou Riku?" Gaku asked, sounding demanding.

"Idiot son, if I could do that, I would have done it a long time ago." Sousuke spoke while drinking what seemed to be sakura cola.

Gaku raged. "What!! I thought you loved to use that media prowess of yours?!?"

"Listen, son." Sousuke slammed down his glass. A little more force and he would have cracked it. "The family name 'Kujou'. Don't ever mess with them. They are extremely dangerous. Trying to touch them would be risky even for TRIGGER."

"DAMN IT!" Gaku was so frustrated. He threw the door open and got out of the room just to be met by Ryuu, walking along the corridor.

~~

"Gaku, what happened?"

Ryuu asked when Gaku walked back with him to the practice room.

"Your mind seems to be somewhere else during practice, Gaku." The TRIGGER centre approached the leader and stared. "Are you hiding something?"

Gaku looked away. He knew he had to tell Tenn eventually. Even though he was usually blunt, Gaku cared a lot about Tenn.

"Gaku?" Tenn pulled Gaku's shirt around his waist. He was getting worried. Gaku took a deep breath, then let it out slowly.

"I met Kujou... and Izumi Otouto at night of the Sound Ship."

Tenn was stunned. "You met Riku? Is he okay?!?" He remembered that Riku was sent to the hospital that day.

"He seemed fine, but..." Gaku leaned his back against the wall. He began to tell Ryuu and Tenn what happened. Both of them had the same face Gaku had that day.

"Poor boy..." said Ryuu.

"Riku..." Why do you have to go through all this pain and suffering?

Gaku pulled sad Tenn into a hug. "I told him to come next week. You two can meet then." Gaku smiled a little as Tenn thanked him.

"What happened to Kujou-kun at Sound Ship?" asked Ryuu.

"He has a problem with his lungs. It was severe when we were kids." Tenn explained. "It scares me every time he pulls off those dance moves on stage." The boy remained in Gaku's embrace.

"So he's messed up both physically and mentally." Gaku blurted out what he had on his mind. Ryuu panicked. "Gaku!"

Tenn stomped on Gaku's foot, making him shout in pain. "Absolutely tactless. You'd better come over tonight. I shall give you a lecture about talking to people." Tenn pushed Gaku away. "Let's resume practice!"

Ryuu had to hold Gaku back when Tenn went to put music on. "Oi, you damn brat!!"

~~

-The night of the meeting-

Riku had work outside of town until late that day. He was on the train back. This is bad. By the time I get to the soba shop, it will be too late...