28. A Mothers Love

Start from the beginning

They both said bye, but Liam hesitated. "I'll see you around, Marley." He says, pity clear in his voice.

"Bye." I said, swallowing past the lump in my throat. Soon after that, they were gone. "Yaser, why didn't you get home in the last few months that she was pregnant with me?"

"I don't have to answer that." He snips.

"Dad, we're all trying to get a better understanding of all this." Zayn quickly defends me. Yaser sighs.

"I had constantly gone home after she wouldn't pick up the phone the first week, but every time I showed up, no one was home." He answers, his voice hushed as if he was deep in thought.

"We were always at the neighbors house a couple doors down. We were there everyday since you left." Zayn answers.

"Same as what your mother told me the day I got back." Yaser looked to his son. "You knew all these years?"

"The memory was very distant, I only really knew of her existence." Zayn explained.

"That explains a lot that happened tonight with Marley," Doniya said, Waliyha nodding in agreement. "At least you're not cheating."

"I wish I would've had a better first impression on you." I told my sisters.

"Lets forget the awkward first meeting and try again." Waliyha smiles, walking over to me with her hand extended. "Hi, I'm Waliyha Malik."

"Marley Richards." I goofily introduced.

"Doniya." Our older sisters steps up, holding her arms out for a hug instead.

"And I'm Safaa." The youngest of us all announces, offering a smile and her hand. I shook it.

"It's nice to finally meet you all." My smile faded as I looked up at Patricia, a triumphant smile on her face. Yaser had left and I heard glass clanking in the kitchen.

"My family is finally complete." Patricia praises.

"You may be my mother," I said, using the same words I told Zayn earlier. "But you are not my mom."

Her gaze fell to her lap. "I love you, Faith. Wether you want it or not."

"My name is 'Marley'." I say trough my teeth. And just like that, my mood has shifted again.

"Not legally. Your brother named you, wouldn't it be nice to be named 'Faith'?" Is she seriously pushing me right now?

"No, I want the name I have now."

"But they weren't your real family. We can give you the name you were supposed to have."

"So what makes a real family?" I start to shout. "Giving up on your baby because you can't own up to your mistakes?! Or handing her over without a second glance back because you couldn't handle the truth?!"

"Marley," Zayn tries to calm me, a hand coming down on my shoulder. I shake him off.

"I may share your blood, Patricia, but I don't want your love. I came here for my siblings, no other reason." I said through my teeth.

"To me, your name will always be 'Faith', because I had faith that you will come back home to me. And you did, just as I wished."

And I broke.

"I didn't come back for you!" I scream, power walking towards the front door and leaving the house.

"Marley!" Zayn shouts behind me.

"Just leave me alone!" I start running down the street, feeling as if I'm not getting anywhere but the feeling of the wind tells me otherwise. I turned street corners, winding past people on the street, running across roads when cars were in the distance, past foreign buildings and street names until I came to a part of town that was more lively and filled with people. I kept my head down, shoving my hands into my jeans pockets and let my hair veil my face as I tried to calm my breathing.

I don't know why I ran out of that house into foreign streets. I could easily get lost here in the crowd of night walkers and huge ass buildings, but I needed an escape from wanting to scream. It seems its what I have been doing lately, screaming at people and at myself. I wanted to hit my head with my own fists. I wanted to pull my hair out from the roots. I wanted to shout at the sky at full volume at the top of the highest building in this stranger town.

Looking at me from an outsiders point of view, I would look just like a person who had their head hung low but if you look on the inside, I'm fighting a losing battle. I just can't find it in myself to finally surrender to my emotions.

I wanted juice.

I know how random that is, it even sounded pretty stupid in my head but I was thirsty and wanted something sweet from everything I ate tonight. Dinner at the Malik's and Pizza with the boys. Very salty and seasoned stuff.

I saw bright lights coming from the nearest gas station and walked into the small store, going straight for the refrigerators that held multiple choices of drinks. I pulled open the glass door, settling on a Arizona fruit punch, but as I took my hand out of the cooled confines of the refrigerator, a voice called out to me.

"Marley?"

I turned around while shutting the glass door and locked eyes with Liam.

"Uh, hi." I quickly said. Why did I feel so cornered in this little shop? "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question." He chuckles, his hat pulled down low and his dark hoodie zipped up.

"I- uh, I got thirsty."

"How'd you get here?"

"Zayn...." I lied.

"Really? Maybe you guys can come over to the hotel and hang out for a bit. I bet its a relief to be out of that house after all of that."

"Actually, he's taking me back to his place so I can rest from the traveling and emotional distress from all of this." I walked over to the front counter and pulled out my wallet.

"You can't expect to buy things here with American money." Liam says, walking up beside me. "I'll pay, don't worry."

"I'll pay you back." I said monotone, grabbing my drink from the counter and walking over to exit the store.

Liam told the man behind the counter the number '7', slipped him some money, and ran out after me.

"You don't have to. It was my pleasure." He says, keeping up with my pace easily. I nodded and turned away from him, walking down the sidewalk.

"I thought Zayn was here." Liam calls me out.

"He is," I lied again. "I'm meeting him somewhere." In all honesty, I just wanted to be alone and I didn't want anyone having the need to follow me because I don't know my way around. If I get lost, I'll call Zayn.

"Where?" Liam asks, louder this time while he fills his car with gas.

"I don't know." I said loudly. I popped the cap on my juice and took a sip, not hearing Liam's response. Peace started to over come me as I sipped at my drink and walked around the beautiful lit buildings that raised high above. Cars drove by, not a lot of people scattered the streets in this immediate area, but it made things more amazing. Just being here on my own right now was refreshing. It would be nice to have Edward walking beside me, reassuring me things will be okay and turn out for the better. I want to feel better instead of momentarily turning away from my raw feelings. I'll break if I don't find that comfort.

I reached for my phone in my back pocket.

A horn honked directly behind me, causing me to jump and I quickly turn around. Liam popped his head out of the driver side window.

"Zayn isn't out here, is he?" He asks.

"Liam, I really don't wanna get emotional in front of you." I sighed. "Can you please just-?"

"You'll get lost. I can't let that happen. It's already dangerous for you walking the streets. This isn't America. Just, come to the hotel and stay with me until you're ready to face your family again, okay? We can have a sleep over."

"You didn't seriously just suggest that." I almost laugh.

"Slumber party!" He jokingly shouts.