Just another day

"-and then the city fell to the ground! Can you believe that? The city just fell, apparently it killed a lot of people in the area. They knowingly killed a lot of people because of something that THEY caused! And we are just supposed to thank them and spend millions of dollars trying to rebuild what they destroyed! I just don't see why so many people admire the Avengers." My friend, Addi, finally finished.

"Wow. That's a lot that happened but we don't know the whole story. And probably never will. Plus who knows what we would have done if we were in their shoes. I doubt that they knew what was gonna happen from the start of it, and at least they tried to save as many people as possible." I say calmly, in a futile attempt to reason with my friend.

I slightly cocked my eyebrow, and looked up at her with my gold eyes. 'Did I actually just get through to her' I think as some of my wet black hair slides in front of my face. When I tuck the wet strands back behind my ear my face is graced with a smirk. In response to my unasked question she just sighs and lies down on the dark brown rock.

Screwing her green eyes shut and groaning as she sets her head down too harshly on the rock. I just laugh at her stupidness as she weaves her hand in her dirty blond hair to rub the back of her head.

"Are you okay?" I struggle to ask between laughs.

"No. I think I have a concussion now." She attempts to remain serious but I can see her trying to not tug up the corners of her lips.

"Dam. Just a concussion? I had hoped you split your skull open and started slowly dying." I tease.

As the queen of eye rolling, graces me with yet another eye roll, I giggle. All the goofiness leaves my body when I see the surfers walking down to the ocean in the distance. Nat vision follows mine to see the same thing before she says her goodbye and leaves. Being the polite mermaid that I am, I attempt to give her a bow but it just looks like a head bang cause my tail is still on the rock I'm perched on. All she does is laugh and start running to make it look like she's just going for an early morning run instead of talking to her fishy friend.

I slowly lowered myself back into the water, and off the hidden angled rock. Sucking in a breath, I plunged my head back under water. I waited a second as I let the tides pull me into deeper water. After a few seconds I was deep enough to swim. Leaning forward I stuck my hands in front of my face and out stretched my arms into a divers form. Slowly moving them up and down with the rest of my body as I flicked my copper tail up and down. I always loved swimming in the ocean. Well, I've always loved swimming in general but having a giant metallic tail definitely made it more fun.

After I made it a good distance past the surfers, I locked my shoulders and hands into place as I tighten my core and tail muscles to help them move faster through the water. I smiled lightly as I felt the bubbles shoot up into my face and caress my body while I moved at a super speed. I was back to the coral reef surrounding my island within minutes. But immediately stopped and looked around when I felt vibrations hit me through the water.

Sadly, I saw another fishing boat near my island. I don't like people near my home, especially not fishermen. But more and more keep trying to show up around here lately, because a boat caught me on their sonar and assumed I was a great white or something. Even though this area is off limits to all fishing boats, because of the sea turtles and endangered fish that live around here. Luck seems to be on my side today cause they haven't thrown their nets in yet, so I can handle this as peacefully as possible. Their motor is still on and moving closer to the reef, naturally I stick my hand out and hold it in a stop sign towards the blades as I feel a numb coldness shoot through my arm to my hand.

I watch the motor freeze as the blades in the water stop moving. Covering slightly with frost. There was a current nearby so I shifted it slightly and amped up the strength to catch the boat in it and send it back towards the main land. I felt a little tingle shoot to my fingertips as my hand turned slightly clear to get a hold of the water. Smiling as I watched the boat slowly sail away from the island, I started flicking my tail again to get me moving back towards the island.

————————————
Sorry that the first chapter is so short. I'm never really good at the first chapter the second chapter will be longer, I promise.
But for now enjoy this until I've finished the next chapter. And let me know what you guys think of this. I know that the story and concept are kinda out there, but I couldn't find anything like this to read for myself so I decided to write it for others to enjoy.