7 | The Weight Of Us

Start from the beginning

"The only way to call someone's bluff, Stefan, is to be willing to lose everything if you're wrong."

Stefan then smiled at Damon before vamp speeding off, leaving Damon and Maya to figure out how to open the coffin on their own.

"I'm going to take a nap, wake me up if you figure it out," Maya said before finding a corner and drifting off.

Maya stood in front of the coffin that was raised slightly higher, Klaus was inside, holding Elena's necklace. She then reached in to grab it but she heard a noise behind her causing her to turn around.

No one was there. She then turned back to the coffin that Klaus was in but he had disappeared leaving an empty coffin. She turned back around and the three other coffins had disappeared.

"Is somebody there?" Maya said into the empty basement. Letting out a sigh, she went to leave but was stopped by an unfamiliar women. She was blonde, an average height but she gave off a bad vibe.

"I've been waiting a long time for this moment," the women said with a thick British accent.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

"You'll know in due time."

"Why are you here?"

"I just came to to tell you that I will be returning to Mystic Falls."

"Returning? You've been here before?"

"A very long time ago. You will soon know."

"Why are you returning?" Maya asked as the mysterious women stepped closer to her.

"My son hasn't been on his best behavior."

"Your son...?"

She merely looked at her.

"Oh my god, your..."

She sent her a smile before stepping closer, she placed her hands on Maya's face, "I will see you soon." She then moved her hands to her neck and snapped it with ease. Maya shot up with a gasp, holding her neck.

"Woah, are you okay?" Damon asked from his position by the closed coffin.

"She was, she is, she..." Maya said starting to panic, taking in heavy breaths.

"Just try and calm down," Damon said walking over to Maya and bending down next to her.

"I-it..." she continued pointing to her neck, still unable to breathe properly.

"Okay, uh, I'm going to need you to do as I say, okay?"

She simply nodded in response.

"Breathe in for 4 seconds." She furrowed her eyebrows but did it anyway. "Hold it for 7." She continued unsure of what was happening. "Now, exhale for 8 seconds." She listened and after 8 seconds he informed her to keep going until she calmed down. After a minute or so she was able to breathe normally.

She looked down at her hands that laid in her lap, "Thank you."

"No problem," he said sitting down next to her now, "what happened?"

"It was just a dream."

"It's never just a dream with you witches."

She furrowed her eyebrows, she never asked for this, she didn't want to be a witch. She let out a sigh before explaining what had happened. "It started off as the dream that I had been having up until finding this place. But then, instead of waking up when I turned around there was just no one there. Klaus had disappeared and then the other three coffins did as well. I asked, like an idiot in a horror movie, who was there and someone walked out. She said that she had been waiting for this moment. She told me that she would be returning to Mystic Falls soon because her son hasn't been on his best behavior and then she killed me."