She is partly right. Yes, I love him. The best thing that ever happened to me is knowing him. He brought meaning to my life and existence. Of course, I love him from the bottom of my heart. But he doesn't. He isn't that type of guy as far as I know. He is just fooling around with me and being sweet to me because he likes me.

"Mom, I - ", I was cut off as someone entered the kitchen.

"Kavya.", Parth called out my name.

"Hmm?"

"Can I see you for a second?", he asked me before forcing a smile at his mom.

"Umm, yes.", I excused from her. He grabbed my hand as soon as I went near him and led me upstairs. He took long strides pulling me with him, I tried to cope up with his speed. He entered a room and closed the door behind once we were inside. He let go off my hand to rack his hand through his hair.

"What's wrong, Parth?", my gaze is everywhere but on him.

"I don't know, Kavya. You tell me what is wrong. Why do I get the feeling that you are hiding something from me?", suddenly he is looking at me as if I am a stranger.

"Parth, I don't understand what you're asking.", I said evading his piercing gaze.

"Kavya, I am gonna ask you this just only one time. So think twice before you answer. You know I hate lies, don't you? You know it better than anyone and I know you better than them.", he stepped near me, standing right in front of me.

I nodded my head as response staring at my feet.

"Now look in my eyes and answer.", his stern voice made me tremble. I complied to him and glanced up at his eyes.

"Are you pregnant?", his eyes are staring back at me with worry, anger, confusion but for a second I saw a ray of hope pass in his eyes, but just for a second.

I stared at his eyes. This is a dead end. He was patiently waiting for my answer. I can't get away with this anymore. He won't leave me until I say the truth. Seems like I don't have any other choice but to tell him the truth.

"Parth, - ", I was cut off when the door of our room flew open and Arsha ran to us giggling and hugged Parth's leg.

Parth's serious eyes instantly softened as he picked her up and kissed her cheek. "What is my little princess doing here?"

She chewed on her index finger as she said, "Ajji asked me to bring you to her room, Maama."

"Can you go back and say Maama will be there in a minute?"

"No.", she whined tugging on his shirt, "She wanted me to bring you imme...immegiately."

"Immegiately?", he chuckled at how she tried to mimic his mom's words.

She nodded her head up and down several times. His eyes traveled to me and there the unreadable expression is back. Without another word, he left.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I wiped the sweat beads away from my forehead and sides of my face, regretting not telling him but at the same time feeling relieved that I didn't tell him. Fanning my face with my hands, I looked around to see it's Parth's old bedroom. There were posters of his photoshoot all over on the walls and I saw a photo above the head of the bed which caught most of my attention.

I stepped closer and grabbed it in my hands to see its a picture of Parth when he was a toddler. His cheeks were full and chubby, I laughed aloud when I saw him wearing anklets, his mouth hanging open in the air. God, this is the cutest baby I've ever seen in my entire life. Who would have known this cute little drooling guy was upto take my heart away?