Chapter 42

Guys, here is the next chapter. Before you go ahead, I'm desperately in need of a new story cover, guys. I have tried contacting some cover makers, but all efforts went in vain. So what I'm asking you guys is, please DM me if you know any editors who can help me with, or you are more welcome if you are willing edit a story cover too. I'll gladly keep that as my story cover.

____________________________________________________________________________

Edited by: OneIndianWriter

____________________________________________________________________________

3 months later

Faiza's Pov:

"Don't you dare lie to me, did you had breakfast or not?", I whisper-yelled at her but she played with her pen between her fingers, completely ignoring my existence.

"Kavya, I'm talking to you. For god's sake, stop being a brat and answer me just once.", I grabbed her arm and shook her to which she huffed and looked at me sideways.

"Don't lie.", I warned her. She held her head tight in her hands as if it's about to explode.

"No.", she whispered barely audible.

"Come with me.", I stood up and pulled her up by her arm.

"Faiza, are you crazy? Don't you see we're in the middle of a lecture?"

Just then I remembered my dear babysitter at the front romancing with the whiteboard, for all I care.

"Like I care.", I took my stuff from the desk and packed her stuff too. "Don't be on my bad side, shut the hell up and come with me.", I pulled her with me and we jumped out from the side window.

I ordered a fruit salad, her favorite, and a hot chocolate to help her with the pounding headache and approached her who is sitting in a corner table near a window, aimlessly looking through it.

"Finish this.", I slid the contents to her side and sat at the opposite. She started to piss me off when she played with her food with a spoon. The dark circles under her red puffy eyes, frizzy hair, dry lips, pale skin, everything made me wonder how long she has been starving herself to death. Seriously? Is she sulking for that arrogant maniac? But then I remembered how smoking hot he is. Okay, fine! The girl got a reason to sulk.

"It hurts me to see you like this, Kavi.", she glanced at me through her eyelashes.

"Why're you doing this to yourself, Kavya? In the first place, you let him go. You had all the chance, you could've stopped him, you could've at least tried to stop him. But you let your stupid ego get in the way between you and your love and watched him walk away like a complete fool. Now what? Are you planning on starving yourself to death?", I ranted out like an idiot while she continued playing with her food like I don't exist at all.

"Look at me, Kavi. Please don't hurt yourself. I feel like I'm losing you. The Kavya I know is utterly strong and courageous, not a coward who gets pleasure by hurting herself.", To her eyes, I'm just blabbering something that isn't her concern at all, while I try hard to knock some sense into that brain of hers, which is interrupted by her phone call.