Just Close Your Eyes, Hold Your Breath, and Let Go.

-Vic-

I walked back into the backyard alone.

"Where'd you go?" Tony asked me.

I sighed, "I had to make a hard decision, and I needed time to think about it." I said.

"Okay, well, where's Emma?" He asked.

I smiled, "She's right where she belongs. Where she was meant to be all along." I said.

He gave me a funny look, and then a light clicked on somewhere in his brain and he gaped at me, "You let her go, didn't you?" He whispered.

"She's right where she wants to be now, her happiness is all that matters. She wanted to be with Mike, and I wasn't going to stop her." I said.

He patted my back, "You did a good thing bro. She's going to be fine." He said.

I nodded, "I know she is. The best part is, that he's probably fucking the hell out of her as we speak, and then they'll come back here, and we'll have to pretend that nothing ever happened. I can't wait. I really just want to see them happy together." I said.

Jack walked over, "Where's my sister?" He asked.

"She's with her fiance. They should be arriving shortly." I said.

"But I thought you were her fiance? What happened? Did I miss something?" He asked.

I laughed, "We just decided that I wasn't what was best for her. You didn't miss much, but I'm glad you missed it." I said.

"Don't try to explain things to him Vic, he's so fucked up, he won't remember tomorrow anyway." Alex said.

"I know." I said smiling.

Almost two hours later, Mike and Emma came back.

Lots of people were confused, because at the beginning of the party, she was my fiancee, and now she was on my brother's arm, beaming brighter than I'd seen her in awhile.

"Hey guys, everything alright?" My mom asked Mike and I.

Mike looked at Emma, standing next to her brother, and I looked at Mike, "Yeah, everything's fine mom. Everything is as it should be now. All is well again." I said.

She didn't say anything, she just smiled, "She's going to be just fine honey." She whispered.

"Em's come here." Mike called.

Emma walked over, "What's up?" She asked.

"I wanted to explain the situation to my mom. And I want you here." Mike said.

"No need to explain honey. Everything is as it should be, and I'm not going to ask any questions." She said smiling and walking off.

I looked at Emma, "Have you eaten yet?"

She shook her head, "No, I'm not really hungry." She said.

"She's had her dose of meat for the day." Mike muttered.

Emma gave him a look and chuckled.

"So, Emma, Mike, when are you two tying the knot?" Rian asked.

They both shrugged.

Emma's eyes suddenly grew large, and her jaw dropped, "Mama? Daddy?" She said.

We all turned around to see an elderly white-haired man and an older hispanic woman helping him through the back door.

"Emma, good to see you honey." The woman said.

"You too Mama. Daddy, I thought you didn't go anywhere but to work." Emma said.