In Plain Sight

Four days passed, and I didn't leave the house.

Word had it, Vic had called Jack, who told him I was still in San Diego, and now Vic was looking up and down the city for me.

Unfortunately for him, I was hidden in plain sight.

Star called, and I told her that I was staying with my cousin, knowing that she would probably tell Tony, who'd tell Vic, and when Vic looked for me there, I wouldnt' be there.

I was weaving him through a maze, and that's just the way I wanted it.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when Mike got home.

"Hey, you hungry? I brought Chinese." He said.

"Starved. Haven't you ever heard of grocery shopping?" I teased.

"When I'm gone all the time, I don't see the point in grocery shopping." He said.

"Well it would help when your hosting your brother's ex-girlfriend as a shut in." I said, sitting at the table.

"I have to say, I've never hosted a shut-in before. Certainly not one of Vic's exes. They usually hate me." He said.

I laughed.

"Here, have a beer." Mike said.

"You never have food, yet you always, never fails have beer in the house." I said.

"I party a lot." He said.

We laughed.

"Thank you for take-out. It was delicious." I said.

"You're welcome. I can't starve my little shut-in, can I?" He asked pinching my nose.

"Quit it." I said.

He smiled, "I pick because I care." He said.

I stood up to grab another beer.

"Let me get that." Mike said.

"You don't have to." I told him.

"Yes I do, you're my shut-in. I have to take care of you." He said smiling.

"You don't have to, really. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." I said.

He took the beer out of my hand, "Let me take care of you." He whispered.

Our lips were inches apart, and I smiled, "Okay, fine. Take care of me." I whispered back.

He kissed me, slipping his arms around my waist.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck.

"We shouldn't be doing this." I whispered.

"We don't have to if you don't want to." He whispered moving away.

"No." I said stopping him, "I want to." I said.

He kissed me again, "Okay. Just relax." He whispered.

The clothes came off, and we moved to Mike's room.

"Just a second." He said.

He sat up and dug through the drawer beside the bed.

He came back with a small gold package.

"Better safe than sorry." He whispered.

I smiled and threw my leg over him, straddling him.

"Make it worth my while." I whispered against his lips.

The next morning when Mike left to go work with the band, I laid in his bed naked, sleeping.