"Oh god no." I groaned feeling nausea rise in my throat. 

"Rose what's wrong?" Nicholas asked 

"No, please no, why now!" The feeling kept growing and try as I might I couldn't push it away. 

I stumbled up and ran to one of the jet's small bathrooms, tumbling through the door I managed to get the toilet before the entire contents of my stomach came back up. I coughed and tears rolled down my cheeks as I threw up some more. 

A soothing hand was on my back and my hair was held back, "Hey, it's ok." Nicholas murmured rubbing my back, "Let it all out, I've got you." 

"No." I tried feebly to push him away but I didn't have the strength, "Don't want you to see this." I coughed

"Rose, it's only a bit of sick. Just let me help, you look beautiful even if you're being sick. 

"Hang on! Who said anything about how I looked! There is no need to comment on it." I said crossly, turning to glare at him, "Seriously Nicholas, you're talking out of your arse, nobody looks good vomiting, not even the moon goddess." 

I whipped my head back around as nausea returned. 

"Urghh this is all your fault." I groaned quietly into the basin, "You couldn't just keep it in your pants." I mumbled

Nicholas chuckled, "I'm sorry my love, but as you said it takes two tangoes."

I gave him a hard smack for that. 

Finally, I began to feel better, Nicholas helped me back to my feet and I washed my hands and brushed my teeth to remove the taste of bile from my mouth. 

As we came out Nicholas put his arm around my waist, holding me close to him for support. Back at the sofa, Nicholas sat down with me, pulling me to his chest so that we lay down together.

"Feeling better?" He murmured kissing to the top of my head, 

"Yeah" I snuggled into chest breathing in his heavenly scent, this was better. I was in the arms of my mate once again, our past tensions evaporating. 

"Let's hope littlest wolf doesn't cause any more trouble." I could hear the smile in his voice, I smiled sleepily at the nickname for our pup. 

"I don't know, if they're anything like their dad, I'd say I've got more trouble to come." 

Nicholas laughed softly, kissing me once again, "Get some sleep, moya Roza, we've still got a long journey ahead."

...

Nicholas woke me when we landed, now we were here I could feel my grief surfacing again. It was early afternoon, the sky a crisp pale blue and the sun cast warm golden light as we drove along the familiar roads. Back in Russia away from everything, it didn't seem quite real, Theo didn't seem dead, but the closer we drew up to palace, emerging from the wooded driveway, I could see the damage left from the attacks. 

The car stopped, I stepped out feeling that familiar breeze, but none of its warmth seemed to touch me. Out of the grand doorway, my father and Cole appeared. I couldn't help myself the tears fell and I was a little girl again, I sprinted into my father's arms.

"Daddy" I whimpered, blinking back the tears

"Hey, baby girl." He kissed my head, "goddess I've missed you."

"Me too." I pulled back, wiping at my tears. 

"Hey, Sis." Cole pulled me into a fierce hug.

I squeezed him back tightly, feeling his familiar worn leather jacket and his scent of fresh pine trees and cigarettes.