DISTRACTION

Bucky Barnes:

You groaned in frustration as you twirled the pencil around in your hands. You were writing a paper and it didn't seem to be going well.

You eyed the clock on your laptop and winced when it read 3:30 AM. You looked over at the cardboard coffee cups that had been littering your desk and inhaled as you realised just how much you had been drinking.

"Y/N? You still up?" Bucky peeked his head around the door and you glanced into the mirror and your heart swelled at the sight of him. His hair was messy and his voice was thick with sleep but he was still alert to your well-being.

You watched as he moved over to your desk, plonking himself down in the cosy chair and reading over the paper you were writing with the multiple pencilled notes on a previous draft lying next to your laptop.

"Well excuse me, Sargeant. Where's a pretty dame like me going to sit now?" You grinned as you made your way over to the desk and Bucky let out a deep chuckle and patted his knees.

You perched yourself on his lap and continued with your paper with Bucky observing you. He was getting bored with the lack of attention, and so he had decided to start kissing your neck.

"Bucky Barnes what on God's green Earth are you doing?" You squirmed, and Bucky just smiled without answering the question.

You felt his metal arm slide up the top you were wearing, and flinched once he touched your back. "Stopp. I'm trying to write a paper!" You whined, but he paid no attention as his fingers trailed the length of your spine.

His eyes roamed around your bedroom and proceeded to widen as he looked over at the extensive amount of paper coffee cups which were strewn everywhere. "Y/N, look at me a minute" his voice was firm but gentle and you turned to look at him.

"You wanna tell me the last time you got a decent's night sleep?" He asked, a brow raised and you knew you were in trouble.

Taking a second to weigh up your options, you nibbled on your bottom lip and Bucky sighed. "A week ago? Maybe" you guessed and Bucky groaned.

He shut the lid to your laptop, and you whined when he wouldn't let you re-open it.  "Nope. Not happening, doll. You need to get some sleep. A decent nights sleep" Bucky's voice was determined and you knew that this was a debate you wouldn't win.

You rested your head against his bicep as he carried you back to his bedroom and two minutes later the pair of you were settled into his bed. "I'm not even tired" you had grumbled, and Bucky just chuckled.

 His hands were idly tracing shapes on your back and you could feel your eyes grow heavy. Bucky had a soft smile spread across his face and he was looking at you with adoration in his eyes.

"Not tired, huh?" Bucky mumbled, pressing a kiss to your forehead as he listened to your soft snores. 

--

A week had passed since that much-needed distraction and both you and Bucky were sitting in the cosy chair at your desk. Bucky had his hands on your waist and you were anxiously nibbling on your fingernails - a habit you'd picked up once.

What felt like hours later, your laptop had chimed and you felt your heart stop. "I can't do it, Buck. I can't look, you do it. Please?" you begged and Bucky agreed.

You closed your eyes as you heard him mumble through the email and panicked when he took a sharp breath. You pleaded for him to tell you, and Bucky just manoeuvred you so he could press a kiss to your lips.

"You did it sweet girl. You aced that paper. I am so proud!" He beamed, and you peppered his face with kisses of gratitude. 

It turns out, that distraction was just what you needed. 

a/n so i haven't been in education in like 2 years now and i'm british so idk the first thing about the american schooling system yeehaw so i kept it brief. 

i'm writing one inspired on myself eating chicken noodle soup at 11:30 PM next so look out for that ! plus i'm organising this book better ok thanks

xoxo