By the Light of the Moon

I'm in my room getting dressed for my training session with Ric. I'm wearing a sports bra and some gray joggers. I'm walking out of my room, when I hear Bonnie and Elena talking in her room. I ho over to her room and see Jeremy there, and Bonnie walking out.
"Why are you on some kind of suicide mission?" He asks her.
"I'm trying to precent everyone else from getting hurt." She tells us.
"Oh so bring Klaus the moonstone so you can get you self killed is ok?" He scuffs and walks away.
"He's got a point." I tell him and she gives me a look. "Anyways, I'm off to my training session with Ric." I tell her and she looks confused. "If I'm going to live in a world with vampires, I'm gonna learn how to take care of myself." I tell her and walk out of her room and down the stairs.
"Bye, Bonnie." I call out to her.
"Hey, where are going?" She asks.
"I have a training session with Ric. I have to go now though because he's meeting Jenna for lunch, so we only have a little bit of time." I tell her and grab my bag and walk out the door.I get in my car and make my way towards the middle of the woods. I see Ric and walk over to him.
"Hey," He greets me with a hug.
"Hi, Thank you so much for doing this for me." I tell him.
   "Yeah, you know about vampires now. I'm more than happy to teach you how to defend yourself." He tells me. He then goes in about all the weapons, we can use against them. We spend about an hour sparring with each other and it's most him telling me how to do it, because I'm new.
    "Okay, that's it for today. We have lunch at the grill, with Jenna." He tells me.
    "We?" I ask him confused.
   "Yeah, we were actually hoping you would join us. We don't want it to be awkward anymore." He tells me.
    "It's not awkward." I tell him and he gives me a look. "Okay, so it's a little awkward. But that's normal." I tell him.
    "It is, but we would like it to be not awkward, so please join us." He says.
    "Fine. There actually is something I want to talk to you about." I tell him.
    "Yeah?"
   "So, I've been thinking. If your offer still stands, maybe.. I could, I mean, I'd like to call you dad. If it's okay, I totally understand if you changed your mind." I tell him and I look up to see him smiling at me.
   "I would love that." He tells me and I smile back at him.
   "Okay, cool." I say with a huge smile.
   "You also will need to pit a shirt on for lunch." He tells me.
   "I didn't bring one." I tell him and then he tosses me a zip up hoodie. "Fine."

                                ▫️▫️▫️

    "So now we're playing historical society hostess to some writer who's doing this book on small-town Virginia." Jenna tells my dad. I had totally forgot that we were doing this today.
   "Well that sounds.."
   "Lame. Yeah. But Carol Lockwood played the dead husband card, said she was to busy to deal. Plus, my sister kept most of the archives, so, there you have it." She tells him standing up and giving him a kiss.
   "Bye, Dad." I say with a smile.
   "Bye, sweetie." He says and gives me a slight hug. I walk off with Jenna.
   "Dad?" She asks with a smile.
   "It's a new development." I tell her with a smile.
   "I'll meet you back at the house. Ok? That's where the writer is meeting us." She tells me.
   "Ok, I will see you there." I say and I get into my car. I get home and I go upstairs to change into a shirt and jeans. Elena walks into my room.
   "Hey, who did Jenna come home with?" She asks. 
   "A writer who is doing a story on small town Virginia. Have you met him?" I asked her.
   "No, I heard them come in." She tells me.
   "Well, I'm headed down there now. Wanna meet him?" I ask her and she nods and we go downstairs.
   "Hey, what're you doing?" Elena ask as she sees Jenna going through a closet.
   "Oh. Perfect timing." She says and hands Elena a box.
   "What is this stuff?" Elena asks.
  "Your mom's files from the historical society. We got roped into helping Ms. Lockwood." She says pointing between me and her as she stand up. "And by roped, I mean very excited to participate." Jenna says and closes the door to show Elijah says and Elena gasps as she almost drops the box.
"Hey, I'm Elijah." He says with a smile.
"Elijah's in town doing research on Mystic Falls." Jenna tells us.
"It's a pleasure." Elijah says and puts his hand out for me to shake. I shake his hand but when I touch him I get a flash of a picture in my head. It's Elijah, with longer hair and he's definitely not wearing a suite. He's wearing older clothing. I open my eyes and he looks very surprised.
"So you know, you're welcome to stay here and rummage through this stuff, or Phoebe and I can help you load it into your car." Jenna tells him.
"Yeah, or I could get someone to pick it up tomorrow." He tells us.
"Also a good plan." Jenna says with a chuckle.
"Thank you so much for inviting me into your home, Jenna. And Elena, Phoebe... I hope to see you two again sometime soon." He tells us and Elena and I look at each other. After he leaves we run up to Jeremy's room and start knocking on the door. As Elena is about to open it, Elijah grabs her hand and moves his finger to his lips signaling for her to be quiet.
"Um, Jenna was just asking me to.. get you to help her with the boxes." Elena says when Jer opens the door.
"Oh.. Yeah." He says and goes downstairs.
"That's a wise choice." Elijah tells her.
"What do you want?" Elena asks him.
"I think it's time you and I had a little chat." He says. "Alone." He says looking at me.
"No. I have questions for you. I need answers. You can't show up and call me Naomi and then run away when it comes time for you to tell me." I tell him.
"You'll get your answers soon enough." He tells me and Elena gives me a nod to go. So I leave and go to my room. I fall asleep reading another part of Naomi's journal when Hunter knocks on my window and crawls in.
"Hey, I feel like I haven't really talked to you in forever." I say and get up and walk over to him. I pull him into a kiss and he seems a little surprised before he melts into the kiss.
"Yeah, I was trying to keep my distance and let you adjust." He tells me after we pulls away.
"I'm fine with it all, really." I tell him and lead him over to my bed.
"What're you reading?" He asks.
"Another one of Naomi's journals. Elijah won't give me answers. I have no idea about anything with Naomi and he has the answers I need but he won't tell me." I tell him and we lay down.
"You'll get it out of him. You're you, he tell you eventually." He says and I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep to his heart beat.

A/N: It's my b-day so I probably won't be able to post more than once today. Sorry.