Chapter 4 - Protected for the first time Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Hey Nina. We were wondering if you might want join us tonight for a little night out. We thought you could need some fun and besides, we want you to meet our other friends. Mikasa told us you have just one friend in this town so we thought you could get to know our pals too."
Good heavens! Is it possible that they are already so intimately acquainted that they desire to introduce Nina into their esteemed circle of companions? It would be disingenuous to claim that Nina is enthusiastic about this prospect. As the newcomer, she is already well-acquainted with such situations. It is highly probable that she will find herself isolated, ignored by the others, and left to her own devices, for she is considered an eccentric nerd who finds solace solely in the realms of gaming and anime. These are not the subjects that the "ordinary" folk find appealing or engaging. However, Nina is unwilling to jeopardize this opportunity, as it would also serve her desire to become better acquainted with Levi and Erwin. It is merely one evening out, after all. What could possibly go wrong?

Despite the unexpected nature of the invitation, and even though Nina cherishes her solitude during weekends, she can certainly set aside her own inclinations and give it a chance. Erwin, ever the astute observer, discerns her prolonged contemplation and adds another point: "Oh, and Mikasa will be joining us as well. What do you say?" At the very least, Nina will have one person to rely upon should circumstances take a turn for the worse.

"Hm...in that case: Sure, why not? I would like to come." Once more, Erwin forcefully pulled her closer to him, enveloping her shoulder with his substantial arm, firmly pressing her petite figure against his side. "Then it's settled! Tonight we're going to make you officially one of us! Despite only knowing you for only a day, it feels like ages for me. It's almost like you were a part of our lives for quite some time now. Consider yourself adoped, haha!" Erwin appeared to possess a profound understanding of the precise choice of words required to evoke a joyful expression upon her countenance. Consequently, a breath of solace escaped her nasal passages.
"Thank you. I'm so glad that you think this way and, without hesitation, I can easily say the same about you. It's like I'm talking to a long time friend."

"Good to hear. Then let's leave this stinky place for today. We have to get ready for tonight. I don't want to reek like an old man," Levi insisted, his commanding presence emanating as he gracefully approached from behind, causing Nina to startle once again at his unexpected arrival. Astonishingly, his muscular physique moved with such elegance and finesse, leaving her in awe of his silent footsteps.
As they stood in perfect formation, Levi positioned himself to her left, while Erwin seamlessly positioned himself on her right, leading them away from the bustling barbels and raucous fighting ring. The trio made their way towards the opulent dressing room, where Mikasa already awaited their arrival.
Nina, overcome with excitement, attempted to skip towards her dear friend, only to be abruptly halted as Erwin firmly grasped her arm, pulling her back towards him. Her body staggered, finding solace against the broad expanse of Erwin's chest. In that moment, her cheeks flushed with a visible blush, rendering her speechless and her heart pounding relentlessly within her chest. The proximity between them felt incredibly intimate, leaving her breathless.
With a gentle yet commanding tone, Nina managed to find her voice, her words trembling slightly as she addressed Erwin, "I...Is something wrong, Erwin?"

As he cast his gaze upon you with a charming grin, he replied with an air of opulence. "No. I just wanted to ask you if you want us to pick you up at home since you don't know where we are meeting."

Ah, how utterly remiss of her! The thought had simply slipped her mind, for she had failed to inquire about such a crucial matter. Now, she finds herself at a crossroads, pondering whether to embark upon the daring path of divulging her esteemed abode to them. Shall she dare to take the risk, and reveal the sacred sanctuary where she resides?